Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Whats the point exactly? Are people to stupid to know the difference and need it pointed out for them now? Or are people complaining that the trailer is misleading? If so, this is the equivalent of complaining that MS Flight simulator isnt as action packed as HAWKS or Ace Combat. Not only that, but with the wealth of youtube videos of actual ingame footage available, you'd be stupid to not know what you're getting into.

Gamers. Complaining of blatantly obvious cgi vs actual footage trailer, yet line up to pre-order EA/Ubi games one after the other.

2. Red River

Red River Guest

not everybody played the game yet. the release trailer is not representative of the actual gameplay is the point of this video and it was first thing I thought when I saw the original.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    People complain about EA/Ubi releasing pre rendered trailers as well.

People will always complain, for many it's more therapeutic to give criticism than praise.

4. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    Well it's made by someone who likes and plays the game, it's not intended as a vicious attack as I understand it. I actually found it quite funny and I think it does make a point. You're wrong imo talking about people having to be stupid to think the trailer was representative. It has a small print disclaimer at the start but if I didn't know what ED was actually like I'd have probably thought it just applied to the pilot walking intro and that the part where it's showing actual combat was representative of the actual game. I would have assumed it was a best case (i.e. running on great hardware) because that's advertising. But in fact it's enormously different. People will see that trailer and think they have external views, that you have battles with that many participants... I mean it is the actual ship models and textures from the game so it's not as if there is the clear distinction between "CGI" and the game's graphics that you claim.

You can call me stupid for it, but I would have got a very different set of expectations of the game and what it's about from that trailer if I didn't know better. And so would a lot of other people.

I think ED may get a bit of a backlash from people expecting it to be more combat-y.

5. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    +100

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    And the video got pulled...

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Bull$hit that it would get pulled..

I don't get why Frontier would release that trailer.. it is not at all representative of how the game is at all.

At least they could have made it more closely resembling what the game is actually like.. you don't fly around a station and shoot at it, you'll be dead in seconds.

I dunno, I get that trailers are not necessarily meant to show in game action, but this seems a bit too far from what the game is actually about, IMO

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Aha it seemed to not work but it's an issue when trying to play it from the quote above.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    People don't like cinematic teaser trailers now?

The older I get... The stranger things become.

10. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2

11. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    To bad a company won't buy it and make it look cool.

12. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Commander Pilgrim here, maybe I'll see you around - with my new stick thingie, hee hee.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    A 30 year legacy, and more than 2 years of development, and we're thrilled to announce that Elite: Dangerous 1.00 is out now, available for download and play.

Thanks to everyone who played this far - see you in space Commanders.

Ed (and the whole of the Elite: Dangerous development team)

https://store.elitedangerous.com/

Change log for those updating from Gamma:

- Prevent missions softlocks when switching servers from A->B->A without disconnecting from A
    - Check if we should use the neutron star's version of the bolometric luminosity first to prevent soft lock
    - Avoid crash in creating a location object when it hits a rare window
    - Sky box view distance to reduce hyperspace times to some galaxy areas, sparser sky in distant arm regions, but most importantly no more out of memory problems

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    :(

[​IMG]

EDIT: NVM, was running an ancient version of the launcher, updated and now it works fine.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hows launch gone? Server handling it ok?

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I really can't get used to the controls with a keyboard and mouse. It's the mouse that is the problem. Maybe because I'm new but it seems weird they way they have the controls.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Does anyone happen to know why i get this error ?

[​IMG]

Ive installed Elite first, and now when i try to install the single player combat training i see that error.

I had the game + expansion pre-ordered.

Don't i have access to this ?

I made a ticket on their website just now.

EDIT. I got a response

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What are peoples first impressions of the new Elite? Does it run well? Does using a joystick give you bigger advantage over mouse & keyboard?

19. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I was about to buy this but I noticed the price is £39.99 now. No chance.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I love the game, it will also improve rapidly with new features and additional content. I'm getting 100fps with cards at stock speed, sometimes it drops to around 75 if there is lots going on. Very well optimized, I'm using ultra settings with smaa at 1440p getting around 1.5gb usage.

Cant complain my gpu is still very capable performance wise, will not be changing until high end titan 2.