Setting up Triple Display on Gigabyte HD 5830

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MrSplinter, Feb 15, 2011.

1. MrSplinter

MrSplinter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 5830
    Setting up Triple Display on Gigabyte HD 5830 in XP Not Possible

I have three VGA monitors set at 1280 x 1024. Two are plugged into the DVI output via adapters, and the third is going into the Display Port via an active adapter and a DVI to VGA adapter (which I hope won't cause a problem). I was following a tutorial on youtube about how to use Eyefinity to do this, but I get caught up on the fact that their Catalyst Control Center has different options than mine. () I have the 11.1 ATI driver installed. They say in the CCC file menu go to Graphics > Desktop & Displays > duplicate primary display > Display Group > Create Group 3x1 option > Display Group > & Arrange the displays. Instead I of having those options all I have on the CCC file menu is View, Hotkeys, Profiles, Prefs, Help. What am I missing here? am I screwed b/c of XP 32bit or something?

I'm using the SAPPHIRE Active DisplayPort Adapter 100924 DisplayPort to DVI Interface from NewEgg which got good reviews.

I recently found on the AMD website the 11.2 ATI drivers, I downloaded them as I'm writing this, but got errors (that I can't see via the external HTML link). I'm going to restart now. Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  2. Rik55

Rik55 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD4850 700/1100MHz
    It won't work on XP. Eyefinity/3 screens is a Vista/7/linux feature only. Sorry mate.

3. MrSplinter

MrSplinter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 5830
    I guess it's time to consider an upgrade of my OS, too bad I'm not a student anymore. Maybe I'll try Linux again on my new build, but doubtful.

4. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Windows 7 is better than both linux and XP. Anyone saying otherwise, is either old and sentimental or a moron. :)

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Don't diss Linux right away.
    Each OS has its own strengths and uses, and I have a gut feeling you judge it from its inability to play Windows games.