ATI Mobility HD 2300 drivers after 10.2 Legacy, @asder00 we need your help..

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AmiloMan, Aug 29, 2012.

1. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    3070 Twin Edge OC
    might try the set....well, it depends....are using them atm? What about DXVA in these 14.6b? :infinity:

2. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    It's smooth, using it ATM, video acceleration is pretty good, will test these for awhile until they release the final version:kiss:

3. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    3070 Twin Edge OC
    still with "your" same settings? MPCVideo Decoder+Potplayer+VRM9 Renderless? :)

4. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Yes, magic config for our ancient cards:)

5. b7ackjoker

b7ackjoker Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 2300 128
    @AmiloMan Please reupload latest 14.6 Beta drivers 64 bit becouse i have error when i export in winrar ;c

6. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    On video components
    --------------------------

I don't know how relevant this is to DEV-ID 7210 but on 4K series...

SD DXVA was broken from 10.2 to 10.11 I found. 10.12 fixed it. It was also supposed to be fixed in 10.9a hotfix.

10.9 - 11.3 crashes occasionally with a amdkmdap TDR with flash videos, the display driver stops responding and the video goes green no thanks to the introduction of the 6K series. 11.4 fixed it, or use 10.8 components. Or use 11.12 that supports L5.1 beyond it's specs anyway which is the best solution.

9.12 under XP will support 4K (UltraHD) playback on legacy hardware on youtube without bombing out the driver with a nasty BSOD which isn't fixed by any known driver on Windows 7 (they all crash) when trying to play UltraHD.

I'll let you know if I can remember anything else from my bugs researching memory. I'm getting bored. Maybe I should start modding again...

And yes, legacy drivers are the complete headache...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  7. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
  8. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Good stuff Kev as usual, I think you should get back to modding if you can get your hands on a legacy card again. You know more technical stuff then all modders put together :cheers:.

9. b7ackjoker

b7ackjoker Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 2300 128
    @AmiloMan
    These files are corrupt.... the same thing happens when I unpack 7zip.Give new link with rar :)

10. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I haven't really left my legacy cards, both 4870x2's are still in both machines and haven't died yet. I use them every day still 6 years later with a bi-annual cleanout, repad and re-paste...

I did put my 8800GT's back in for a while just to get Windows 8 working as it should, but found it not to my taste at all so went back.

But if I did restart modding, people would be constantly screaming for a Windows 8.1 driver and I have no interest in that because Win7 x64 and XP 32-bit dual boot is where I will be staying forever probably...

I did do a lot of testing and research back then yes, but the fact that there isn't anything "new" to play with on the legacy front nor has there been since 2012, I'll just leave flogging the legacy dead horse for dellon the mellon.

Some of my old games need at least Catalyst 10.10 and before anyway, so later drivers don't do me any favours on those games (microstutter in crossfire etc).

I think the driver quality of the entire 4K series was questionable at best, since at the time of the RV770 launch AMD was competing heavily against Nvidia, and the drivers feel totally rushed for crossfire. Not many problems with single cards for the 4K series though.

From what I've seen the drivers for 6K and 7K series have gotten much better since then.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

11. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
  12. adrian99

adrian99 Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon X2300
    Missing 64bit downloads

Where's the 64bit Modded Drivers?
    Dropbox says it's deleted or moved?
    Been Looki'n for your 64bit Modded drivers

13. DrLightman

DrLightman Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870 XT
  14. DrLightman

DrLightman Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870 XT
    Big thanks to AmiloMan for getting back to me on this request.

15. DualCore

DualCore Guest

GPU:
    4Gb
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2300 & X2300 with Catalyst

ATI (Mobility) Radeon HD 2300 & X2300 with Catalyst

Download links:

AMD_Catalyst_13.5_Beta2_32&64bit(HD_2300,x2300).7z

yadi.sk/d/XsuUcf2TNsmmM

16. fangovk

fangovk Guest

GPU:
    4gb
    .. hm, I wonder is there anyone who can help me with this issue .. I've use this latest link for my amilo pi 2530 and radeon hd 2300, instalation went ok, system win 10 x64 recognized ati mobility radeon HD 2300 - digital fantasy mod .. at first driver works ok, but when I shutdown laptop and then start it again, all I can see is black screen and mouse pointer (when it should be logon screen) so I have to short press power and then login screen appear .. could it be some kind of glitch or bug?

.. exactly the same issue when use official vista driver from manufacturer site

any advice at all?

thanks!

17. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Yes it's a glitch, I have the same machine. Sometimes the login screen won't appear at all, for this just hard press the power button until it turns off and then turn it back on again. The fix is quite simple and easy to get used to.
    Another solution is to automatically login to your your machine on startup.
    Here is an example https://www.cnet.com/how-to/automatically-log-in-to-your-windows-10-pc/

18. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X