Zombi

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Aug 18, 2015.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Port of the WiiU version now with high res support and up to 200fps non vysnc.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/339230

out now on steam (and uplay i guess), £15

some pc gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwhjSPhAKuA

An ok survival zombie game, first person with focus on melee and inventory management.

video with commentary if you feel the need for some person to tell you what they're doing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYciLTqv8rY

pc settings
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1087140&page=22

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Typical...I just bought this for PC having previously played and thoroughly enjoyed the game on the Wii U*** then I read this post!

*sigh*

Well I never learn?

Download is a staggering 21 GB as well...why, I do not know...because the original was not exactly crammed full of FMV as far as I know nor uber-detailed textures, and they are the only things that I can think of that would account for the large install size.

*** = Oops, meant Wii U not PC!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I uh, was that from the quote? That's someone's viewpoint from neogaf and seems pretty blown out of proportion.

Size wise, I think it has a fair amount of videos, but I guess since they weren't concerned with dvd size they could have just crammed in a lot of texture variety

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    If you don't like it and you bought it through Steam, simply refund it.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    For 20 bucks, I'm willing to try this.
    I always wanted to try this game, but never had a WiiU. So, at that price... I'd say it's safe to give it a shot.

I spend more on food if my wife and I decide to eat out somewhere.

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    21:9 resolutions aren't supported (well, the game allows you to select it but it is badly vertically letterboxed).

Steam refunded it NQA so all good.

JFYI.

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Played it for like 2 hours on Wii U, it was meh.

8. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    new high res gfx right :p plus 21GB aint much at all, every single game i buy seems to be 50GB nowadays,

Anyways i think i'll buy this on sale and i'll see then.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I played it for about 3 minutes.

Annoying British voiceover telling me what to do - check.

Annoying Controller icons on every goddamn menu, even though I WANT to use keyboard and mouse, because I am playing an FPS and not an adventure game - check

Disturbing control system where jump is mapped to a key other than spacebar - check

Uninstall - check, check, check.

Now, before anyone thinks about calling me on not going into the menu system and changing the control mapping, I need to give my logic:

IF a game company doesn't map the keyboard and mouse settings to sensible keys to begin with AND keeps giving you the godamn control pad buttons to press AND has the most annoying British voice over telling you what to do - then the game developer has a marble missing.

I honestly could not care if they sent someone over to my house to mow the lawns, I don't trust the developer if they can't get the basics right.

• Voiceovers are female computers that wish they could hug me.
    • Jump is spacebar, opening doors is E.
    • And just because I got a control pad plugged in doesn't mean I want to use it.

10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Wont be getting it then unless there is an easy fix or update. I am fine with older games that dont support 21:9 and I effing love my 21:9 but anything released in the past few years with 16:9 works very well with 21:9. I actually like 16:9 hud on my 21:9 as its not all on the edge of the scree.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You do know... there is no jump in this game, right?
    Climbing, crouching/crawling actions... are all bound to the use function. Same as with opening doors, using keypads... searching for loot.

And, yeah... gamepad prompts. Maybe try unplugging your gamepad. It's not that uncommon for a game to disaply control prompts as a gamepad button if you have a gamepad plugged in.
    I don't use a gamepad on my PC. And all my prompts in game are using the keys I mapped them to. So, the prompts to change based on the buttons you map controls to.

Also, not everyone uses the same control setup. So, there isn't a universal control scheme that "SHOULD BE USED" by default.
    You say jump should be spacebar... to hell with that I say. Jump... is A. Use, is spacebar. ;)

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Got a female friend from the US, i hope she doesnt want me to play this with her. :p

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oh c'mon man. Give it a proper go. Key configs always vary from game to game. Go play fc3/4 and the stalker, the crouch and sprint buttons are all over the place. Mgs vs splinter cell?

The auto detect controller is normally a conveniance thing. Uplgug it and your good to go.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, 3 minutes to judge a game. That's almost laughable.

I've put about four to five hours into and I'm loving it. It's not perfect, but it's a great take on the zombie theme. The strong survival horror aspects make it a lot of fun, and the atmosphere is so damn thick.

And yeah, in the first three minutes... the "Prepper" is telling you what's going on, and why the safe room is even there.
    But, maybe... ten minutes after that, all he does if give you mission directives, you're pretty much on your own.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ive yet to play it myself, while they're from different devs, this looks to be to Dying lying light, what the Metro series is to Stalker.

off topic, but id love to see the first Darkness and the 2nd Condemned on PC. THe first Darkness is better than the sequel imo, such a great game.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    While I'd love to see the first Darkness on PC, I prefer the second one.
    While it sucks the second one is pretty short, I personally feel the gunplay/combat is a lot stronger. And the use of Darkness powers is better shown.

Also, I prefer the story in the second game. Both games have good stories, but... something about the second game's hit me more.
    Plus, the first game's "open hub" world design was kind of pointless. The world feels incredibly empty. And, the WW1/Hell levels were... terrible.

The asylum/hell theme in Darkness II is much better.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot would also be a dream come true if it came to PC. Monolith were actually working on a PC version shortly after the game was released on consoles. Calling it an "uncut" version of the game.
    But, SEGA canceled the project. Stating "The first game didn't sell strongly enough on PC to justify spending time and money on bringing the second one to the platform."

Again.. SEGA show how stupid they really are.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Right, coz as history has shown, if theres one things that struggles to sell on the PC, its a Monolith title :rolleyes:

idiots.

Guess ill just have to get it for the PS3 then at some point probably never....

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, SEGA pissed me off with that.
    And then followed it with cancelling Monolith's plans for a third game. Even though Condemned 2 sold great on consoles. Lith started work on a third... then, SEGA... NOPE! ugh.

I own it on 360, and just replayed it a while back. While, not as good as the first... it's still great.

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm confused by your statement of dying light? in terms of what metro series is to stalker..

Metro is similar to stalker but stalker came first (and is so much more open world)

Not sure if Dying Light is similar to Zombi, but Zombi came first, so, i'm simply trying to understand your comparison of Metro/Stalker with Dyling Light/Zombi

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Well, this is what you get from a two-bit developer - CD Project Red seemed to have solved this incredibly minor problem: I move the mouse and it switches the on screen guides to K+M, I use the control pad again and it switches back to control pad.

I'm not going to unplug a controller because the developer is a noob. Childish? No, just an indicator of the lack of effort they have in their game, so I have no interest in putting more effort in than they did.

Honestly...what did they do? Load the game in the graphics engine and hit the 'compile for PC' button and ship it?

No. Just no.