best drivers for BF4 thus far?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Taint3dBulge, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Got 13.9 and well after this latest patch my game crashes after 5 min... Every time. :bang:

2. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    is there anyone even playing the beta anymore? i went and tried obliteryawnation and i was on it for a few minutes..but quit a few minutes later..but I think i saw...maybe 100-150 online only? Noone is playing the OPEN BETA of bf4.....fail?

3. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Ya there are afew servers that are between half way and totally full.. Not like it was afew days ago.. Its the super lag, lack of textures, and the constant client drops that are making some people quit playing.. I just jump on when my BF3 servers that i play on have no peeps on it.. Which sucks..

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I used beta to confirm how well it runs. It was reasonably good for casual players = around 60fps on max details on single HD7970.
    I am 120Hz gamer, so I do not mind to upgrade GPU for that, but game was definitely CPU bottlenecked with 4 real cores @4.5GHz.
    Therefore till Mantle shows that CPU bottleneck can be reasonably reduced I am not much interested in BF4. Especially since I was not impressed much by maps. Graphics and dynamics are very good tho.

They should have converted and improved 1st most played map from each datadisc for BF3 as starting pack of maps. And take it as challenge to make something even better.

5. darkshadow5k5

darkshadow5k5 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC
    I'm still using 13.4 and the game is running fine with everything high and textures ultra.

6. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire
    BF4 runs great now

Three straight nights with no crashes or "BF4.exe stopped" black screen.And runs better than BF3.

This is what i found;

Make a user.cfg file and put it in the BF4 folder located in "Origin Games" folder.
    http://bftips.com/2013/10/how-to-create-a-user-cfg-file-in-bf4-to-load-settings-on-startup/.

I put the following in my user.cfg file;

gametime.maxvariablefps 61
    RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1
    RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 0
    RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 0
    RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
    WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
    WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
    WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
    WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
    RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
    PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
    PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
    -----------------------------------------------
    If user.cfg is working there will be a FPS display in upper right hand corner.

Manually updated PunkBuster with PBsetup, After starting PBsetup it will act like it is upgrading but its not. Add Game, BF4 then highlight it and click the check for Update button.

Run Windows Update and let it Update.

Installed the DirectX from here...C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield***65279; 4 Beta\__Installer\directx\redist.

Using Catalyst 13.11 Beta, disabled ULPS in registry. NOTE....Do Not Use Overdrive!!!! Dont touch it in CCC, let Trixx do the overclocking.

I have CCC.exe and MOM.exe not starting with Windows, if you use CCC be sure to stop those two processes before joining game.

Make sure that Hyper Threading is "Enabled" in the Bios (This helped me alot)

From default clocks on GPU I had to lower them slightly from stock (10mhz) and up the voltage .05 volts. ( Im running 7970's with core at 940mhz and volt at 1.235 with Powertune slider all the way to "20" using Trixx overclocking utility) Trust me, there is NO benefit in the Beta for Overclocking at all.

Using Catalyst 13.11 Beta, disabled ULPS in registry. NOTE....Do Not Use Overdrive!!!! Dont touch it in CCC, let Trixx do the overclocking

Open Task Manager in Windows then start BF4 Beta, when BF4.exe shows in the Process running tab right click on BF4.exe and set Priority to "Low"

All my settings in game are on Ultra except "lighting effects" and "Mesh" which are on low, Bottom three settings are "off" and AA is using MSAA Override in CCC 3D settings Tab.

Latter you can change "gametime.maxvariablefps 61" to a higher number than 61, I started there and am currently using 85. Runs a bit better on Windows 8 than windows 7, anything is better than 24 minutes into a 27 minute match and crash!

BaNsHiE

7. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    They is loads of servers full. When looking you must drag the scroll bar down couple times so it loads more servers then after couple times sort by most players and you see a load of servers to choose from.