Kaspersky Antivirus & ZoneAlarm

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by passenger, Dec 13, 2015.

1. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Ladies & Gents I've been using this combo for decade or more, but I wasn't happy at all with last few versions of zonealarm. The firewall can't even save some settings and it will ask you for 100 times is it ok for some program to have access to internet...

Is the firewall part of KIS good as firewall?

2. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Yes, KIS has a good firewall

3. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    ZA has been **** since Checkpoint bought them years ago.If you're behind a router I don't really see a need for a 3rd party firewall.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Router is only good for inbound protection.... A proper firewall covers both inbound and outbound.

The firewall built into Windows is actually pretty good, if configured properly. Just download and install TinyWall and configure the Windows firewall properly. If you're too lazy or just don't want the hassle, Comodo's firewall is still a huge improvement over ZoneAlarm.

TinyWall is available here: http://tinywall.pados.hu/

5. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Thanks people, I will try TinyWall & Comodo and report back, just hoping for something better than ZA :)

6. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    So after quite a hassle with unfinished and ugly Windows 10 I'm back on Win7 and it's all good again.
    As for a firewall part of a story I did try Comodo and it works in Win10, didn't wanna mess with windows fw
    because I don't trust MS's security updates as much as Kaspersky's, but Kaspersky fw is really weak,
    doesn't give you automatic control on applications, everything can go on Internet and update it self, give information and so on,
    kinda agrees with Win10 'good faith' policy :)

I'll wait for a while to go back on Win10 after year or so :) after they really tide up the code, and made every program works.
    It was a same story with WinXP & Win7, this time I thought(cause it's os almost like win8)that migration will be faster, BUT it's always
    the same story with Microsoft unfortunately...