DSR only works with DVI, not HDMI

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by emusa, May 5, 2015.

1. emusa

emusa Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    Ey guys, I thought the latest 350.12 drivers solved my DSR problem - but unfortunately not:

-When I use my 1080p monitor (DVI) I can choose all DSR modes without a problem.

-When I switch to my 1080p HDTV (HDMI) I can't choose the DSR modes. They just aren't listed; max = 1080p.

The strange thing is; I don't have this problem using the 344.75 drivers. With that set, DSR works great with HDMI. But I really want to use the latest WHQL drivers, because of the optimizations.

I really don't know what is causing this. Could anyone help me out? I play a lot of old games, which benefit greatly from using DSR.

thanks in advance!

2. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Works for me on a VGA monitor.

3. SmashedBrain

SmashedBrain Guest

GPU:
    2x970@1500Mhz
    Do u have your desktop screen configuration in 'Clone' mode?

4. emusa

emusa Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    No, just single display mode. So it's just the monitor (DVI) or just the HDTV (HDMI)

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    What HDTV make and model do you have?

6. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    ...and it works with DP also.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
  8. emusa

emusa Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    It's a Pioneer Kuro KRP-500a.

The weird thing is.. sometimes DSR does work (the resolutions show up) and sometimes it doesn't.. :S So I'm confused.

I don't know what is causing this. Seems like DSR options don't show up when I boot up the PC with my HDTV set as primary screen. But when I switch from my monitor to my HDTV (after booting my Pc with the monitor set as primary screen), DSR does show up.

:3eyes:

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Some games support it and some games don't.

It's that simple.

10. emusa

emusa Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    No no, that's not the problem. In the Nvidia control panel the higher resolution s don't show up either - so not just ingame.

11. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    works fine for me with DVI to HDMI for my 24" Samsung Monitor... or my HDTV which is the following connections. HDMI -> Denon AVR-590 -> Samsung H7150 55" HDTV

Both monitor & HDTV are detected as HDMI in the drivers

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Try the EDID override I mentioned ..:stewpid:

13. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    Works just fine on DP

14. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I have this problem also, Samsung 55" HDTV, with HDMI-> HDMI cable or DVI-> HDMI cable . I also have done the EDID override so it shows up as DVI instead of HDMI in the nv control panel. There is definitely something broken with DSR in the latest drivers for some people.

If you go into the 3d Settings section of the nvidia control panel, it shows DSR Factors and DSR smoothness. The smoothness option is greyed out and the Factors is Off, and if you click on it it doesn't drop down any options. Geforce Experience also does not show any resolutions above 1920x1080. To enable it in older 344.x drivers all i needed to do was go into geforce experience and enable it for 1 game, the screen flickers (as the resolutions are added) and then the DSR resolutions become available for all games and for the desktop. Something is definitely broken in the new drivers, lol.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  15. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I still can't get DSR to even show up in the options menu. Using 2x Titan X's in SLI on a Asus ROG Swift monitor with G-sync activated @ 1440p.

The only way I can get DSR to show up in the options is by de-activating SLI. Which sucks coz running at 4k DSR could really use the power from both Titan X's. But this option only allows me to use 1.

16. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    My system is similar to yours and I had issues with the 350.12 drivers. I installed the 347.88 set and everything works fine with SLI DSR etc. Try 347.88?

17. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Are you using the ROG Swift G-sync monitor as well?

18. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Nope. I have the LG 34U97-S 34' curved monitor. It's native resolution is 3440x1440.

19. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    ok so this is really stupid... if you have your windows mouse settings to "Automatically move the mouse pointer to the default button in dialog box," DSR will not be selectable in the nvidia control panel... LOL

I found this info in the geforce forums, and it finally let me select the option. The DSR factors dropdown is not an actual dropdown so it doesnt work right if you have this option enabled.

To disable, go to Windows Control Panel-> Mouse -> Pointer Options and uncheck that option and then DSR is selectable...

20. Hanfred

Hanfred Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Phew, thanks a lot for the information! Who would've guessed... the cursor did act weird though. This really is stupid. :3eyes:

Last edited: May 27, 2015