Silicon Lottery

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Extraordinary, Dec 12, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I've never believed in the whole batch thing. i've purchased processors that had sequential batch numbers that were poor overclockers and some that were excellent overclockers. It just comes down to luck. I'm glad that silicon lottery is doing this and I hope they are around for quite a while.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. Silicon Lottery

Silicon Lottery Guest

GPU:
    780 ti
    I don't believe it plays much of a role either, but I figured I'd list them anyway since someone here asked.

3. Poor Tom

Poor Tom Guest

GPU:
    6900XT OC
    Did you say where you sold the poor clocking chips? I was telling some guys at work about your site and that was a question that came up.

Good luck with this, I think it's a cool idea and will be grabbing a 4790K shortly.

4. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    this is awesome

will definitely buy a CPU from here for my next upgrade

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Where could I actually see what batches are good, in terms of online databases? So I could have a guess if I could have a good clocker in hands the moment I open the box ;)

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    A few posts up :)

Best:
    X438XXXX
    L418XXXX
    L436XXXX

Worst:
    L422XXXX
    X436XXXX
    L415XXXX

7. Sincreator

Sincreator Member

GPU:
    Zotac Amp GTX1070
    I have a i5 4690k currently running at 4.7ghz at 1.325v on air, with max temps under 100% load for 30 mins sitting at 70-71c. Do you guys think I may have one of these "golden samples", or is mine in the normal range for what to expect? Is it safe for me to shoot for a little higher? Here are my specs overall.

i5 4690k
    7970+7950 crossfire
    750w PCP&C 750w
    MSI Z97 GD-65
    256gb Crucial MX
    Zalman 9700nt(nickel plated copper version black+green led)
    Zalman Z9+ case with all 7 fan slots populated 120mm fans. Two are high performance. One of the exhaust fans at the top above the memory, and the other pointing towards the memory and cpu area.

So what temp and what voltage should I be looking to stay between or around? Or should I just call it a day until I get water cooling?

I mainly game but am interested in seeing how far I can actually go in terms of overclocking. More of a side endeavor. :deflate:

PS: I guess it's time to update my sig, lol. I haven't posted here in a long time. :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No looks to be about average to me.

9. MikeJ

MikeJ Guest

GPU:
    Gskill 16gb DDR4 3000MHz
    I bought an Intel 5820K @ 4.5GHz Processor - 1.275V VCORE 1.87V VCCIN - from SiliconLottery.com on Jan. 23rd. It shipped same day and I received it via USPS mail a few days later.

Once the rest of my parts show up for this new computer, I'll post how well the CPU overclocks versus Silicon Lottery's results. Although, I'm a noob when it comes to overclocking so I doubt I'll take the time to squeeze out every inch of performance, nor am I inclined to push the temps beyond 75C under full load.

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Great idea for a site. I've been through 2 5960x and neither have been great, and those chips cost a lot to keep binning. This site Could well have saved me a bit of cash despite the premium as I can never sell my duds for what I paid for them.