wierd problem with my psu & ssd

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by amd1361, Sep 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. amd1361

amd1361 Guest

GPU:
    8gb
    hi there,
    I have bought a new ssd drive (Transcend 370 128gb- the drive is ok tested with 2 other pcs- )for my pc . After installing a fresh windows 8.1 on the drive , i noticed that it was really slow, so I started to find out why . I began with the bios of my motherboard (Asrock 970 extreme 4 with the latest bios version) and all the settings related to the storage there(ide,ahci,..) but nothing happened ( as I checked the speed with as ssd and crystal the read and write speed was about 22 mb/s) then I changed the sata cable and the ports and the driver for ahci in the windows (installed amd ahci the latest version)but no succes.
    A friend of mine told me that the problem might be with the power supply(mine is a 600watt from Green Company ) , so i borrowed my brother's old pc and did sth clever with it. I Just REMOVED THE SSD POWER CABLE AND ATTACHED MY BROTHER'S PSU SATA POWER CABLE TO THE DRIVE .FIRST I TURNED ON MY BROTER'S PC THEN I TURNED on MINE and the problem solved (the ssd speed was so cool 500 mb/s )
    what do u think about the problem and how can i solve it
    here is my pc specifications:

Cpu: AMD fx 6350
    Mb: Asrock 970 extreme 4
    Ram :8gb corsair 1600mh
    Graphics: Asus Radeon 7770 1gb ddr5 (i must connect a 6-pin power cable to it)
    PSU: 600 watt (real 600watt)
    SSD : Transcend 370 128gb
    Thank you

2. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    What are the specs for your psu and what make\model is your brother's ?

You could try disabling all power saving features in the bios and set Windows power plan to "High Performance", if they aren't already. See if it makes a difference.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  3. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    The line to the PSU may be bad. I would try a different line. I have never heard of "Green Company" and a quick Google only gave me Rosewill's Green line of PSUs. So the PSU may be just bad all around.