Xbox One CPU gets 150 MHz boost

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The Xbox One was given a bit of a performance boost before going into full production, according to Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of marketing and strategy for Microsoft's Interactive Enterta...

Xbox One CPU gets 150 MHz boost

2. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    Can't polish a turd.

3. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    So to make their specs look better compared to the PS4, they've added 150 MHz?

cue "Well the Xbox One has a faster cpu than the PS4"

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    nice! so it has faster gpu and cpu now

5. lantian

lantian Guest

actualy there is no hope for its gpu sice it was 1,23 tflops from xbox gpu and 1,8 tflops from ps4 a bit of OC wont make it faster , just not that much slower but there is no way they could gain the extra 0,6 tflops just by OC

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The damage is already done and it will take a while untill MS is over it.

7. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Wow. A revolution in gaming history.
    How could they achieve this enormous level of overclocking.
    We are simply stunned.

8. S_IV

S_IV Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    ^This.

9. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Imo they are were doomed when they decided to use a 7790 equivalent performance wise as reported.

They could had use a 7870 equivalent which in the desktop cards its power consumption is barely 20-30W more and that card can play FC3 easily over 30-40FPS@19x10 maxed with 2xAA.

And with their own expert tweaking/optimizing I'm pretty sure they could have even lowered the consumption probably and even ante its performance.

Heck they could had shoot for a 7950 and tweak/optimize the hell out of it and lower its consumption. It would still be better that all previous mentioned. Same goes for the PS4.

I know my thoughts on this are not exact science but I believe I made my point. :p

PS3=30FPS@720P while the new Xbone/Ps4 will be 30FPS@19x10. Oh well, as long as the eye candy and smoothness is there people wouldn't even notice/care. ;)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Oh, what an overclock. Now it's a beast! :D

11. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    :wanker: GREAT comment, couldn't define it any better :wanker:

12. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I think I read somewhere that OC qualifies for a Top 3 world record position "somewhere" over at HWBot. :D

13. zaxevil

zaxevil Guest

GPU:
    Matrix HD 7970 Platinum
    hi, i'd like to join here. i'd just knew that the cpu runs 1.75GHz (not above 2GHz though) so with 1.75GHz does it reach 60FPS in every game? interesting

14. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    You did already. Good for you. Really? No. Hmm, interesting specimen. :p

Welcome zaxevil to Guru3D. ;)

15. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Actually Battlefield 4 on PS4 is only 720p. lol. Yet somehow on Xbox One it's 1080p.

I've been doing some reading over at Beyond3d. They are incredibly knowledgeable over there when it comes to the inner workings of hardware. http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=62867

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    BF4 will display at 1080p on both consoles but it is upscaled 720p and will be at 60FPS the XBone is not getting a better version of BF4 what you heard was spin.

17. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    If Xbox One can run it at 1080p then obviously the PS4 can too. Also I was more referring to the majority of the games on the 30FPS@19x10.

I'm pretty sure that would be the case since that GPU horsepower is barely enough for 1080p@2xAA/FXAA for hot/demanding titles. Now less demanding ones is another story of course.

And lets not even forget the ones coming in the next couple years. Which we can safely assume that would be even more demanding probably, unless they would be really, really good optimized.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You guys keep forgetting that this is a console 1.86Tflops in a console could be as powerful as 3Tflops in a PC because of optimization.

19. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Lets hope so. Then we can have amazing ****ty ports instead of the normal variation ones. :D

Oh well, I wish good luck to both consoles. Also lets not forget that the companies who made them are Multi-Billion ones. So I'm sure the ones made/design the consoles knew what they were doing. Right? :p

But if history is any indication, and taking the PS3 as example and all its "difficulties" to program/develop, YLOD etc etc I hope they avoid similar fiascos.

But it actually simpler now with the x86 architecture(not counting unifying parts, ram etc) that the more GPU horsepower, more frames, smoother gameplay and larger headroom for eye candy.

Time will tell when they are released and run through their paces for a good few months at least.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You're missing the point, they'll advertise it as faster because of higher clocks