Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The PS4 is going from strength to strength with each update they add. Although most of the features are not something I will have much use for, it's still good to have. The ability to download games before release is a great feature, shame the prices on the PSN store are outrageous high.

2. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Now worth noting: Sony sold more PS4's then the XB1 the month Titanfall released.

At this point, MSFT is in serious danger of losing NA to Sony.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've read that, and for MS that is very worrying news.

Saying that, has anyone released the numbers yet, maybe i'm blind but every article mentions how many Xbox's have been sold in the US in March, but not how many PS4's were sold.

4. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/17/m...-4-outsells-xbox-one-again-despite-titanfall/

311,000 versus 380,000. Despite Titanfall.

Since release, the PS4 has been sold over 7 Million to customers. The XB1 has shipped 5 Million...to retailers. Very important point to stress there. The actual spread is around 2.5 Million, which is significant given how MSFT already lost Asia and Europe, and loosing the US/UK would be HUGE.

No one really doubted the PS4 would "win" this gen. The surprise is its winning in the US and UK, the only territories the XB was supposed to win in. The Kinnect, or more appropriately, its cost, is bringing down the XB1.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Cheers, wasn't being lazy was/am on my way phone.

The numbers should be a eye opener for MS even if the profits might be similar.
    There is always the unreleased countries and Europe was always more about the PS, but to lose the US is not a good sign, I really would be surprised if MS are not considering an "arcade" XBox as surely that thing would sell really well.

Selfishly I hope it doesn't make Sony lazy with the exclusives, at the moment they can win this on third party games alone, and as a company saving money must be a priority.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow .. they're getting boned alright. They're getting the important games for now but they'd better pick up the first party slack. Sony's really good at them.

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    That's quite a difference

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I highly recommend Steamworld Dig. Clocked up over 12 hours playing till the end.

10. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)

11. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    The Arcade was actually a major problem for the 360, since Devs couldn't assume the presence of an HDD. Hence why it took, what, 8 years for the first games that mandated you have one (GTA V)?

The Kinnect is so integrated, I don't know if its unrealistic for MSFT to remove it either. And if the BOM estimates are on, the XB1 + Kinnect costs about $387 to build, so MSFT isn't making that much money (remember the retailers need their cut, so MSFT is making near nothing, possibly a small loss, on each console sold).

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Killzone Merc bots patch has been released, though its merely a compatibility patch for the DLC which is the need to pay for the actual bots.

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I hope we see more DLC for the single player. I was left wanting more once I finished it.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Speaking of DLC. Where do I go in the psn store to find this? I want to see what's out for Killzone but can't seem to find anything for it.

Thanks.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    for dlc:

Vita: Vita Add-ons

Ps3: I always found it easier to us the search function.

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    There's an add ons section in PSN.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I figured it out. If the game you're playing has dlc, it'll have an addons tab underneath the title in the PSN store. I don't know why I didn't notice this earlier.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    http://youtu.be/HP1ocJRLEHY

This watch dogs interview shows the ps4 version, to me it looks good even with the youtube compression.

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Is anyone getting Watch Dogs for the PS4? I'm debating whether or not to cancel my PC pre-order and just get it for the PS4 instead.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I will be buying the PS4 version personally. Only because I have a gut feeling the PC version is going to run poorly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.