color profile

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by drbaltazar, Mar 2, 2014.

1. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    What do game dev use for Xbox one,ps4 ,PC
    Since they don't use user chosen color profile?

2. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    probability rec.709/ sRGB

as far as PC's go, they probably don't use any... same with consoles. They just assume you're on a rec.709 HDTV or sRGB monitor.

You're lucky to get gamma controls.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  3. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    ?they don't use color profile and they don't use the color profile from the os!I checked !rec 709?I have that !very limited!men I wish they would just use wcs scrgb virtual device profile ,its linear and then it rely on the content (unlike sRGB) since we all know nothing is scrgb it means it is a future proof profile ! Found a way to lock the color profile but I dont want to be banned because stupid server think I hack.

4. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Yeah, I have a wide gamut monitor. With Windows, color profile support is still crap. I just deal with it and get the brightness and gamma correct as possible with games.

For videos, I use MPC-HC with a 3DLUT via madVR for rec.709 calibration. Windows does also use a calibrated profile... but... windows doesn't color correct everything... like thumbnails, games, etc.

the best solution is to just pay more to get a monitor with a hardware LUT.

One of the reasons I use Firefox is that you can force it to render everything in sRGB or use embedded profiles and use your monitor calibration settings from windows (ICC ICM)...