Zotac Nvidia 9800GT Artifacts/Display Garbled/Wont Boot (Pics)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by SuperNova3, Sep 14, 2013.

1. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    If I remember well that Skill 8004 AA heat gun has cost me about 60 Euros back then but it was worth every penny and he is still working today after many hours of abuse, he had earned me a lot of money and spared my nerves because baking cards in oven was not always successful. Main advantage of that model over an regular heat guns with similar price range (or even more expensive models) is because it has nice digital control of temperature and airflow: you can set temperature from 50 Celsius to 650 Celsius in 10 degree steps (50, 60, 70....650) and it has variable airflow in 5 steps from 250l/min to 500 l/min (I always used only 250 l/min airflow).

That heat gun has earned me a money to buy a nice digital hot air station later, but it was much more expensive than that heat gun. That 60 Euros was well spended money I've never regret for, highly recomended model if you need something to reflow tin ball solders on your or others GPU or chipset and it can be useful for many other things.

We are going away from topic here, let's wait for OP comment first.

2. SuperNova3

SuperNova3 Member

GPU:
    Zotac 9800GT

After talking to the dealer on Phone (He's hundreads of Miles away), I'm finally sending the card for RMA. He didn't comment anything and only physical checking of card will tell.

Please pray for me folks. :infinity: Im in a Financial Pinch :bang:

Thanks everyone.

If anyone has any clarification on Zotac Extended Warranty, Please tell.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  3. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well this was taken from the Zotac website

Extended Warranty Details

• The ultimate in quality, service, support and reliability
    • Extra product protection with product registration
    • Product must be registered within 14 days of purchase
    • Motherboard or Graphics Card must not be damaged/tampered with by user
    • Serial number and unique identification sticker must not be tampered, damaged or removed
    • Original receipt is required for extended warranty service
    • Customer seeking warranty service must be the first owner of the product
    • Mini-PCs and accessories are excluded from Extended Warranty service

So provided you've done the above it shouldn't be an issue. What I would do though is try and contact them first before sending it out in the post and see what they say.

4. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    +1!! :thumbup:
    My old 8800GTS 640MB died was fixed. :D

My GTX 480 has almost 3 years old (since new - november 18, 2010) and is still working without freezes nor crash with BSoD!! :D

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013

5. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Admit it was exciting, like everything else when you do it for the first time in your life. :)

6. SuperNova3

SuperNova3 Member

GPU:
    Zotac 9800GT
    finally sent the card for rma. I still don't know if they'll accept it or not. fingers crossed :-(

7. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)

Good luck!

8. SuperNova3

SuperNova3 Member

GPU:
    Zotac 9800GT
    Hello Everyone!
    I just called the service center, and to my Dismay- the card is NOT covered under warranty. The original Warranty is only 3 years and 2 years is some junk called "extended Warranty".
    In short, what that means is you're not getting a new card. However there's a ray of hope as the guy will TRY to repair the card by REFLOWING it for a small fee.

What say folks? are Reflowed cards reliable? Im thinking of selling it off after repairs and get an upgrade. What price ( Indian Rupee) Shall i expect of my card?

Meanwhile, My basic computer has fallen ill and I'm going for an all out upgrade. Thread coming soon.

9. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    you can "reflow" it your self.

Just remove the heatsink and fan, Pre heat your oven to 210-215c and put your card in for about 7-10mins.

Take it out and leave it to cool. Put the heatsink back on and test it.

It will last a few months maybe more if it does work.

I have done this my self with video cards, motherboards etc and its worked 90% of the time.

10. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    @ Supernova, go for the reflow.

11. SuperNova3

SuperNova3 Member

GPU:
    Zotac 9800GT
    Yes mate, I have given a green signal for reflow. Charges could be 10 Dollars.
    Awaiting their reply.

12. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    same here with a gtx 260 from gigabyte i got it fix and no problems since there and good luck with the 9800gt it wil be alright.

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Wow. That look exactly like my GTX 570 which busted two days ago in another rig.

14. SuperNova3

SuperNova3 Member

GPU:
    Zotac 9800GT
    After a Looooonng wait , I made call to the service center, the card was NOT fixed :bang:

They did reflow the card, but system only boots in 6 out of 10 chances. Very unstable. Blank Screens.

i have given up the hope and I am looking for a new AMD A6 or A10 laptop now. Thanks everyone who helped and offered support. The thread maybe closed if needed.