Core temp and the scheduler

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Steven72555, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Steven72555

Steven72555 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512
    I am tryin to set my fan speed for different temps in RT 2.07
    BUT when I go to add new task in scheduler, I am supposed to Select the drop down box under "Data source" and select "Core temperature.

BUT I don't see "Core temperature" as a selection..

Did I miss something?
    O btw, I have an 8800gt with driver version 6.14.11.6921

2. MrWoo

MrWoo Active Member

I have an 8800gtx, so I am unsure if this will work for you or not.

Step 1 is to create some fan profiles, say at 60,80 and 100%.

Step 2 is to create a launcher for each of these.

Step 3 is to use the sceduler to trigger a launcher.

In mine I have already gone into the hardware monitor and selected the plugins to display and set the graph up the way I wanted. Then I made a scheduler entry for each fan setting, and yes, core temperature was the data source. I used a threshold event and set each fan % launcher to trigger at certain temp.

Maybe you don't have the core temperature enabled in hardware monitoring? Mine is enabled by default.

HTH.
    MrWoo

3. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    I have an 8800gt oc, mine does not have the core temp monitor threshold setting shown, i made all the profiles according to the guides, but once i get to where to set the thresholds there isnt a + sign to add or even show the threshold box. Any help would be great. Thanks

4. timta2

timta2 New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS OC (G92)
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2008

5. Steven72555

Steven72555 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512
    I made the profiles I want to launch, Core Temp IS enabled, profiles are visible in Launcher. BUT in the scheduler after I choose "run task on hardware monitoring threshold event, Under Data Source, I have NO option for "Core Temp".

6. Steven72555

Steven72555 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512
  7. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    Ok, I figured it out, you still have to make the fan profiles, then use the scheduler to run hardware monitoring threshold events, all seperate > and < temps/cycles. Works like a charm. Just make sure to use core temp to run event :) Way too hard to explain, just look at it and its pretty easy once you understand what its doing. Just do what the guide says all the way till the threshhold settings, then go to the scheduler and finish it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  8. timta2

timta2 New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS OC (G92)
    When you go into "Hardware Monitoring" (with the graphs) and hit setup in the lower right. "Hardware Monitoring Setup" pops up and under "Data Sources" do you see "Core Temperature"? Does it have a check mark next to it? I'm just asking because I notice several of the options don't have a check mark next to them for me. I don't know, I wish I could help but I'm a newbie (to RivaTuner) too.

9. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    Yes mine is checkmarked.

10. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    For some reason when it reduces the fan cycles it freezes the video when playing games.Have to kill the power and boot. I had it 80>50c
    then 60<44c it freezes the screen at 43c. Is it necessary to have < temp configs? will it work normal with say......40%>20,60%>44,80%>56 and not have < set up to bring speed back down? Thanks