The POWER CELL [Scratch Build]

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Zenator, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    The POWER CELL - ZenModz "COMPLETED"

[​IMG]

Proudly Sponsored By. ASUS

PC Build Specs:

Height up to 700mm.
    Width: up to 400mm.
    Case Shape: cylinder. One base, One top, 3 Pillars, 3 clear windows. Being build ATM.
    Case Colour: Grayish/white, with some black & red.
    MoBo: Asus H97I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard That will mounted to the bottom and the case.
    GPU: ASUS TURBO GEFORCE GTX 960 OC Edition 2GB-GDDR5. Staying air cooled, This will be mounted to one of the 3 case pillars.
    Running on a PCIe cable. The TURBO GTX 960 with the exhaust out the bottom of the case,
    And the intake for the TURBO GTX 960 will come from the pillar it is mounted to.
    CPU: 4690k
    RAM: ?
    PSU: Still needed, Will be mounted in the base.
    Water Cooling, One custom 60mm x 400mm res. (3x 120 slim rads, CPU block, 1x Pump, fittings.) ( 6x90mm W 20x20mm H,D clear blocks running 9x5mm Round 500mm L tubing.
    that will be on the out side of the case as part of the loop. being built ATM)
    Lighting: Black Light, and some white LED's.
    Fluid: Neon Green.
    Loop fittings:

Even though this is only my second Case Mod, I have been using ASUS Motherboards for many many years. I have always found them to be well priced and having lots of great features.
    And today is no exception. ASUS continue to add all the goods to there Motherboards and GPU's, Even for there low to mid range hardware you still feel you are getting more for less.
    As you will see below "Small" can still make a big impact and still play hard. And "Colour" is not Black or White its a shade of what your Imagination can do with it.

Below are two of ASUS products that I will be using for this build from ASUS who I thank for helping me with my second case mod.

The Asus H97I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard and the ASUS TURBO GEFORCE GTX 960 OC Edition

[​IMG]

To start off with im doing the out side water blocks/res there will be 6 in all three at the top and three at the bottom. All 6 will be part of the cooling loop.

They will be fitted to the out side of the case, The three on top will be linked the one's on the bottom. So one top one will link to one bottom one, with 3x 5mm clear tubes and so on. on the back of each block will be one fitting that go's to a stand 1/2 mantel bent loop. back to one of the other blocks and keeps going. Lets just call the outer blocks (Loop rails.)

So below I have started a quick step by step.
    for the blocks, after ill be adding the 3x 5mm tubes to the 2x blocks to make one (Loop Rail.) and this will be done 3 times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  2. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Playing catchup at the moment to bring you all up to date with this build.

I have started working on the center res mount. So far I have made the casing, added some blue LED's, put some steel mesh around it. Still need to add a small electric motor to turn the black cover at the bottom. to create a rotation of light in side the case. Once that is done i will starting working on the rest of the res mount. And then add the rest of the trimmings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The CNC parts done, And are now being put together.

Along with some of the hardware that will now be test fitted to the case.

Then all the side pillars cut to size and will be added for the height, The Pillars will be box like to hide all the things you gust don't want to be seen running from the top of the case to the bottom. MOBO tray has been made as well but still needs to be vented on the back.

Hope you like it so far, Would love to know what you think. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rad's & all 6 fans are fitted as well as the Res, It's now hanging from the top as well.

[​IMG]

3. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    [​IMG]

Here are some progress pic's of the top cooling disk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have been working on the base and the pillars one of the pillars will hold the GPU, The GPU will take air in from the outside of the pillar as well as the inside.

Ive cut out and mounted the GPU and all is good. Still making the Pillars stronger by making them two layers thick in side the two layers will be a 20mm space to run wires and such to the top and back.

MOBO and Pump are new in there places as well, Once all the hardware is fitted, and the case is complete all the hardware will be removed again so I can start painting the case. inside & out.

Here it is so far. Yep its talllllllllll: And might I say Different. (H-700mm )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always thanks for stopping by. :)

Cheers, Ken.

4. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    thats looks nice...
    final result should be impressive

5. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Thank you Cyrax. I'm hoping it all works out. :)

6. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Hi here are some more Photo's, Will have some more again in a day or so.

Outer Loop tubing.
    [​IMG]

GPU from the out side of the case, will have mesh over the face. and a filter that slides in from the side.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inside the case,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have made 3 mounts to hold the center Res Light, And to strengthen up the case a bit more. One of then needed to be change to work with the GPU space.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My work shop or should I say my Wife's dining table. She loves ME! :)
    [​IMG]

The bottom of the case with PSU filter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again thank you for stopping by. more again soon.

Cheers, Ken.

7. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Hello again.

Today I fitted a flow indicator into one of the back pillars so it cans be seen from the inside of the case, I also added 2 micro switchers to the bottom front of the case, One switch has a green LED, and the other is blue, One switch will be for the power and the other will be the reset, the blue LED will be the HDD drive light, and the green will be the power light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again for stopping by and following the build. :)

8. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Hi All

The I-beam has been test fitted, here are some photo's of where they are going.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you think ?

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Cheers, Ken.

9. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Hello again everyone, Just a small update I have made a dust filter for the GPU as well, That slides out for the side of the pillar for cleaning. And added the mesh. I have done more to the GPU mount. But will have some updates on the weekend.

I have also change the logo it needed redoing the old one was bugging the crap out of me, and the new logo can now be easily made on a CNC or laser cutter if need be.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by. :thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  10. zhodg77

zhodg77 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    very innovative!

11. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Thanks zhodg77, :)

12. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Hello Again,

Still progressing on the Power Cell. I have been adding more details to the outer rims of the case, Still a lot more to do there. I have now also added the lower I-beam arms. As well as the outlet for the GPU. I will be doing all the side covers for the top and bottom base over the next week. Getting much closer to having it ready for paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again for stopping by.:)

13. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Hello again.

Starting to add some lighting to parts of the case. before I start looking at the painting things I need to make sure it's all working and fits. And once all the painting is done. I will fit all the light FX to it again.

This bit is for any one that likes playing with electronics. I have not done this for some time my self. But it's time to do some soldering again. The top dish of the case will have a ring around the outside edge. The plastic around the outside is a translucent white. So the light can be seen the rest of the case is made of a solid white, and will be backed with black paint. This part of the case will pulsate with light behind it.

[​IMG]

LED string,
    [​IMG]

Jaycar kit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again for stopping by.

14. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  15. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Looks good so far, everything is custom?

16. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590

Hi rflair, Yes it is all custom. :)

17. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Hello again time for a new update,

Below is the curving process I used to get the sides done, I placed the inside a thin sheet of alloy that will hold the curve that's needed and heat it up with a heat gun till it forms the same shape then let it cool. After this I have cut a window out and added mesh to it. Still work in progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have also fitted a HX1000i PSU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished the front Start/reset.

[​IMG]

The MoBo armor cover is now done as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hear is the Colour theme I'm going to be doing on the out side of the case.

[​IMG]

Thanks again for stopping by. :)

18. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Hello again everyone.

Time again for some more photo's :)

The outside of the case is almost done. just need to make the side panels and add some more details to the top disk as well as the pillars and then paint it all. then wire it all up. And start on the inner loop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have added a water temp gauge below as well as a mount to see it better. It could just be me and this was by no means what it had intended my son told me it looks a bit like a storm trooper face.I don't think so my self so ill let you decide on that one.
    [​IMG]

Here I have added some black light LED's 5mm ones,

I have added some 3mm Black light LED's to the CPU block as well.

[​IMG]

I have also been working on a cover to the center res, that will let me hide some more black lights.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One big change is going to be the center res, I'm changing the it around to show it more as part of the loop.. And it has nothing to do with the fact that it will work better this way. with out adding a second res to the loop.

[​IMG]

Any ways this is where I'm up to at the moment. Hope you are all still as eager as I am to see it all completed.

As always thanks for stopping by. :D

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  19. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Hello again.

Mid week update, My first ever I think.

I have been working on the GPU, making a way for the heat to be removed to the outside of the case. As well as making a way to to trap the heat from entering the inside of the case. and still have a way to connect a monitor to the GPU with out letting the heat in. So what I have done is make a cover that will do both, and then I will make one more to cover the monitor cable plug to hide it as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will also be making a cover to hide the PCI-e cable on the GPU.

So this is what will be going on behind the GPU to get the Hot air out. this will also stop the PCI-e cable from getting in the way as well. that will run from the top down into the bottom of the case and back up to the MoBo.

Then the pillar face cover will go back over the top. so non of it will be seen.

[​IMG]
    Also in the last photo. you can see just a small notch in the center that's where the hdmi will run into the bottom of the case and out the back near the IO port. did not think to say anything about it. as It was the quickest thing to fit. :p

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  20. Zenator

Zenator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590
    Hello again.

Today I painted the Cover for the GPU that I made. Now it looks like it belongs to the GPU cover.

All the gaps have been filled, then primed in a single pack.
    [​IMG]

I then painted it in a white acrylic single pack then sanded with 600 wet&dry paper.
    I then added the red line. And then painted it in a 2 pack clear coat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This photo is out of focus but not on the fan and light above. Nice and flat and Shiny.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015