Issue: Sound Blaster ZX - Problem with ACM (Audio Control Module)

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by pokerapar88, Jun 10, 2017.

1. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Hi guys! Hope you are doing great!

Before doing an RMA, let me check with you to see if I'm missing something.

I have just bought a Creative SB ZX card. Plugged it in and configured everything after a succesfull driver install. Tried my 5.1 audio sistem through Toslink with DDL and everything went fine. Then, I decided to try out my shure srh-440 with the external ACM. Plugged them in and the driver control panel recognized I plugged in headphones and tried them out.

It would seem at first that audio was coming only from the left speaker. I fiddled around with settings, balance, etc. to no avail. I then tried to move the cables from the back of the soundcard... and nothing. Then tried moving the cable that was plugged to the ACM and found out that if I unplugged the cable just a bit, audio would come from both speakers, but predominantly from the left.

I decided to ditch the ACM and plugged my headphones to the back panel directly and they worked flawlessly.

It would seem that the ACM is bugged... but if it does provide sound from the left speaker, it isn't broken, is it?

Has anyone had this or a similar issue?
    Is there any workaround?

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s I had an X-fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro before this (still have it on my power) and I think that the surround options on 5.1 though Toslink were more complete. Also CMSS 3D is not available in this card, but SBX pro studio wich sucks... I'm thinking more about doing a refund than an RMA... Any thoughts on this?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  2. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Don't worry guys, I've just talked to the store that sold me the unit and said they will do RMA themselves and provide me with a new one.

You can close this thread!

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Just so you know, since the ACM is just a standard volume pot with mic in it (it works with all devices that have 3,5mm connectors), there can be volume balance issues if you max out the Windows volume setting and turn the ACM know low enough. Personally I have Windows set to 10% and ACM to around 66%. That way I haven't had any imbalance issues. Without some kind of volume pot it would be impossible to use these headphones. The line out is just so powerful.

4. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!

Well, I have tried with low and max volume and I have tried with my studio headphones and a cheap in ear JBL pair and with both I have the same issue. It's clearly a problem in the ACM