Arkham City PhysX Vault scene glitch?

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by RdJokr, Jul 12, 2014.

1. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    So recently I replayed Arkham City, with PhysX on High now that I have got a new NVIDIA card. But when I got to the vault scene, I encountered a horrible glitch with PhysX.

In the vault, there are hundreds of bank notes lying on the floor. Normally, they would just lie there until someone/something interacts with it. But in my case, they didn't stay still. When I enter the vault, the bank notes would just fly up crazy, like a tornado. After about 30 seconds or so, the notes would stop flying, but as soon as I touch one, they all fly up again. And when that happens, my frame rates tank to single digits.

Does anyone here have the same problem? And does anyone know a fix for this? And no, don't say "disable PhysX" because that's pretty obvious. I could turn PhysX down to medium and the scene would have no bank notes, pretty simple. But this is something NVIDIA should be able to fix, yet they haven't acknowledged it yet :bang:

2. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    The scene where you play catwoman ? If so , i didn't experience such an issue, didn't play it recently though, only played it when i had an gtx 760.

3. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    I know, I must be one of those unlucky guys. So far I have only found 2 other people on Steam who suffer from similar problems, and they have a GTX 780 and a GTX 770.
    ht tp://steamcommunity.com/app/57400/discussions/0/846956740636785026/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  4. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Is your copy with Steam?
    Go into your Batman directory > redist or commonredist > PhysX and install the version of PhysX it comes with and try the scene again.

5. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    Damn, I knew I should've kept those redist folders. But wouldn't that mean overwriting my current PhysX version with an older one?

Also, I kinda got passed the scene for a while now, so it's gonna take me a few days or more to play through NG+ to get to that scene again.

6. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It does but Batman AC runs on a older version of PhysX, helps narrow down the cause.