this program is blocked by group policy windows 7

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by shimyns, Jan 18, 2010.

1. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Hey guys. So I installed Win7 on a brand new pc (my brother's). Mobo is GA-P55A-UD3 and card is 5850. Everything was fine then he said that his mouse cursor suddenly got huge.
    I looked it up and people recommended a bios update. So I updated BIOS to F4 version with @Bios. Solved cursor problem but desktop became black. When I tried changing it to aero or whatever, it didn't respond. I tried setting a picture as desktop background and got this message:
    this program is blocked by group policy ...contact sys administrator.

Now the w7 I installed on his pc is an official OEM copy of my institute and the user is set as admin. I tried system restore but didnt help.

Why the hell did this group policy start doing this after a bios update and how can I solve this?

BTW , I've done this thru logmein remote...I've unsintalled mirror display drivers thinking mybe that was it but no.

Please help me get his aero working again!!!
    THX

2. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Ok, I think I may have solved it. I changed some settings in logmein preferences and maybe it just had to do with the fact that I was doing these things remotely. So until i report back. This thread can be disregarded.