BF3 crash with 2.2.0 12. AMD 6770M on 850/875.

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by ragefaced, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ragefaced

ragefaced Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M
    I am using Windows x64, Core i7 2670M and AMD 6770M GPU. My settings are 850/875 with voltage locked.

The game freezes mid-game and I cannot even minimize it to use the desktop to quit the game. It just freezes and I have to hold the power button to restart the laptop.

The game works fine without MSI Afterburner. Is this a BETA problem or do I need to adjust the voltage to run the mentioned clocks?

EDIT
    Nevermind. This is a PunkBuster issue. Just read this sticky.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

1) The sticky is about BF2BC Punkbuster client, it doesn't apply to BF3 so it's not an issue
    2) Documentation more than clearly states that mobile graphics cards are NOT supported

3. ragefaced

ragefaced Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M
    It certainly does support my GPU and I successfully ran a 850/900 before the laptop froze up on the 2.1.0 as well. Is OSD to be blamed or the whole application altogether?

I actually learned about the MSI Afterburner from here:

4. Unwinder

Usage on unsupported laptop is to be blamed. Once again, we don't support overclocking laptops.

5. ragefaced

ragefaced Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M
    Alright, thanks!

6. jadium

jadium Active Member

GPU:
    NVATI
    MSI AfterBurner freezing

Hi,

First, yes i saw the sticky about MSI AfterBurner and Punkbuster but!.

As some, i experience some system freezing and MSI Afterburner is definatly the culprit (without it no freeze whatsoever, just a hot GPU =\ ). So i did some test with and without punkbuster and guess what? same problem! "freeze". After a fresh PC restart, i start Afterburner manualy (no overclock, just a way to control the GTX card fan)
    The only way to revive my system is a CtrlAltSupp and kill the MSI process (stuck at 25% CPU Usage).

So:

- When Punkbuster is installed, starting BF3 trigger the freeze (nothing new MSI AB 25% CPU Usage - but -_-, sometime it work just fine, sometime not).

- Without Punkbuster, the problem can be triggered by firefox or/and the Microsoft media player (same here, sometime it work properly, sometime not, but when it doesn't a process kill make the system reponsive and usable without any problem).

- Without Punkbuster and MSI Afterbuner launched as admin + Aero disabled, Firefox or Mediaplayer trigger the freeze, but only afterburner is unresponsive (stuck at 25% CPU Usage)

Some info - Tested with:

Drivers: Nvidia 275.33 - 290.36 - 290.53 -295.51 - Set to Full Performance
    Tested with 3 cards (580 - 480 - 470)

Tested with MSI Afterbuner 2.1 2.2.0.10, 2.2.0.11, 2.2.0.12

3rd party Driver part uptodate too:
    intel_chipset_9.3.0.1019
    Intel_mei_8.0.0.1351
    STOR_Win7_XP_11.0.0.1032_PV
    Realtek Win7_7050_01162012
    Etron USB3 v0.109
    Some soft that could interfere?:
    Avast - Comodo both uptodate
    flash player 11 active_x_64bit
    K-Lite_Codec_Pack_64bit_590
    K-Lite_Codec_Pack_840_Full
    RamDisk 3.5.130RC22

Gigabyte Z68 Bios F6 and F7e - CE1 EIST off - No overclock
    Tested with 3 Processors (2500K-2600k-2700K)
    SSD revodrive X2 960
    16G DDR3 1600
    X-FI

So if it's not Punkbuster, what is it? Comodo? Avast? Aero? Flash? Codecs? something else?

Sorry if my english sound ~

Edit : RTCore.cfg renamed and The OnscreenDiplayserver options tips tested too.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  7. Unwinder

Do you feel a difference between hardware freeze and hung application? And how does it relate to Punkbuster (which is only running in GAME PROCESS context), laptop overclocking and this thread? If Afterburner process doesn't even start, search for the problem source in your security related applications. And messing with RTCore or OSD server has zero relation to solving it.
    Please, _think_ before attaching absolutely unrelated things to a thread under "I have the same problem" title without even reading and understanding original discussion. Such threads just misinform others and will be locked like this one, sorry.

All

If you got your thread locked, try to read and understand why instead of expressing your anger throwgh PMs, especially if you're posting unrelated issues to someone's else thread under "I have the same problem" caption.
    Trying to get it unlocked with PMs like will this will always end with ban:

"you serously need some medication...let's put that to the coding syndrome...!

I'm around since many years, and for sure it's the first time i see someone like you... I red some threads and the only thing you do is bashing ppl and locking thread...

Ridiculous...go solve your bugs instead of wasting time saying nonsens... "

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.