Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..

Closed Thread

Old
  (#251)
Crosire
Master Guru

Videocard: -
Processor: -
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: -
Default 10-19-2013, 19:47 | posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-putt View Post
Still can't wait to try out Rage with eFX. Or Amnesia, or Minecraft, or The Chronicles of Riddick, Doom, Quake.. the new Wolfenstein...
Nothing can hold you from doing that. I don't own any of these games except Minecraft, so I can only directly confirm support for that one (of course it should work for all). The currrent alpha is available on my site, CeeJay linked to it earlier.

Last edited by Crosire; 10-19-2013 at 19:49.

Old
  (#252)
K-putt
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 780Ti
Processor: i7 4790K @ 4.8Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
Memory: 32GB DDR3
Soundcard: OnBoard
PSU: SeaSonic G-550w (PCGH)
Default 10-19-2013, 19:55 | posts: 472 | Location: Germany

Already downloaded it, but it hasn't any shaders yet. I need to wait for CeeJay's shader magic.

Old
  (#253)
Psychor

Videocard: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
Processor: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
Mainboard: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
Memory: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
Soundcard: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
PSU: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
Default 10-20-2013, 04:28 | posts: 40

Please delete.

Last edited by Psychor; 10-20-2013 at 04:34.

Old
  (#254)
Psychor

Videocard: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
Processor: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
Mainboard: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
Memory: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
Soundcard: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
PSU: pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
Default 10-20-2013, 04:31 | posts: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeJay.dk View Post
Boulotaur! You're back!

We've missed you - I've missed you

Crosire and I would like to stay in touch with you - even if you don't have time to develop currently. It's always good to have someone in the know to discuss ideas and solutions with.

So please write me an email : my email is listed in the SweetFX readme or Skype me.
Crosire and I discuss ideas regularly on Skype.

Some updates :
I had a relapse back into an old depression during the summer and didn't really do much for some months, but I'm better again and I'm working on SweetFX once more.

I was planning to help you make the best injector possible and then port SweetFX to it, but then you disappeared.
So I have instead been helping Crosire.

I've asked for permission to view Kukkimonsutas source on yours and Crosires behalf and Kukkimonsuta granted it. So even though you have not seen it yet, it has been available to your for some months now.

I also managed to track MrHaandi down and convince him to help. He and Crosire exchanged ideas.

We are also exchanging ideas with the HiAlgo team and the RCRN team (the Skyrim mod)

Here is a current list of what is done in eFX so far :
Done:
1) Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 support (DONE)
1) 32 bit support (DONE)
1) 64 bit support (DONE)
2) Custom texture support. (DONE)
3) Frame and time counter (DONE)
4) Ability to set the number of passes and their output buffer from the shader code. Use annotations in the shader code to communicate wishes to the injector. (DONE)
9) Solve the problems with Optimus. (DONE)
13) Generating textures from shader code, by running the shader once at start and keeping the buffer around, but never run the shader again (DONE)
21) Include the game/application .EXE name and current date included in each screenshot filename - e.g., Borderlands2.exe_DX9_20130621_XXXXXX.png (DONE)
22) Option to specify a static screenshot save location - e.g., C:\Pics\Games\ (DONE)
23) DXGI does'nt have to bind a vertex buffer or index buffer. Bind to NULL and use this trick https://gist.github.com/rorydriscoll/1495603 (DONE, but currently disabled until we can test it properly)
24) Be intelligent about paths, so the split installs you sometime had to do with InjectSMAA won't be necessary (DONE)
25) Don't crash when writing to the log isn't possible. Optionally save the log to another location that does have write access. (DONE)
27) Effect system for OpenGL to allow for #include and other niceties (DONE)
29) Dynamically load hooks and enable/disable specific ones if needed (DONE)
31) Support multiple render targets (DONE)

Crosire is posting new alpha releases for eFX on http://crosire.tk/ and I'm currently working on porting SweetFX to eFX for DirectX and once that is semi-complete I'll start on the OpenGL part.

Kind Regards
CeeJay

P.S. I had to write this in the thread because your PM postbox is full and I don't have your email.
Oh.... heck... yes!

Last edited by Psychor; 10-20-2013 at 04:34.

Old
  (#255)
JPulowski
Member Guru

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
Processor: Intel Core i7-3820
Mainboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
Memory: 16GB 1600MHz GSKILL Ares
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Recon3D PCI
PSU: SST-ST1200-G 1200W
Default 10-20-2013, 05:54 | posts: 84

Quote:
Possibly yes - feasible no.
Auto-levels requires creating a histogram of the image and that can't be done in realtime using the pixel shaders.
It might be possible to do with a combination of geometry shaders (which I don't have experience with) and pixel shaders, but even then it would be extremely demanding on the performance.

It might however be possible to do some simplified version in realtime, if the injector made the output of the previous frame available and had a counter for how long it's been since the last frame was rendered.
And also has mipmaps and support for custom textures.

Then I could sample a mipmap of the current frame to get it's average brightness, compare with the average brightness of the previous frame and slowly adjust the gamma, using a custom texture as a LUT for a slope that determines how fast the change should be and using the counter to make sure this happens at a steady pace and isn't affected by the framerate.

Possible, but not easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosire View Post
Shaders operate on a per frame basis, they are not seperated from the rendering process. If your computer calculates a frame it is busy with task and you won't be able to just "add" another frame. As shaders (talking about pixelshaders here) can only be aplied during the rendering of a frame, they can only change that one. Your graphic card has no longer access to the frame as soon as the rendered image in the backbuffer is swapped with the frontbuffer and thus is then displayed on the screen. It also does of course not know how the next frame will look like, as that one is not rendered yet, so even if you could add frames manually, there still would be no way to interpolate anything. Frame interpolation is mainly for videos, because here you have all the image data required and can decide how to render it on your own. And as computers are able enough to render these really quickly (no calculations required anymore), you can also set the framerate yourself by just adding a small timeout after each frame to reach it. It might be possible to implement something like frame interpolation in a video game by just letting the game render every second frame and then keep a copy of the last and the current in memory, so to interpolate a new which gets copied to the backbuffer and swapped before same thing is done with the actual rendered image. That would be an injector thing though.
So in short: No, frame interpolation is not possible with shaders.
Thank you for answering my questions. I like brainstorming. Also I suggest that after releasing eFX, you may want to build a bug tracker system. Because I believe SweetFX(eFX) will be something really big. Currently we have ENB for enhancing graphics but come on it makes my graphics hardware cry. So... Yeah.

Also one of the features that I want to see is debanding. I already know CJ is looking into stuff. But actually I'd like to learn more about the subject. Currently I have an ASUS VG278H monitor. Yeah it has 120HZ and 3D support but unfortunately its color scheme is ****ed up. I think the monitor itself already has a crappy built-in dithering system. So that kinda makes software dithering useless I guess. What is the difference between dithering and debanding?

Old
  (#256)
Thuggles

Videocard: GTX 760
Processor: 3570k
Mainboard: ASrock Extreme4
Memory: Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 620w
Default 10-20-2013, 15:24 | posts: 9

I know that this is supposed to work with Steam but I haven't had any luck. I'm trying to use sweetfx with FFXIV, and it works fine until I try and launch the game with the Steam shortcut. It crashes right after the launcher. If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it.

Old
  (#257)
Scarecrow7
Master Guru

Videocard: HIS R9 280X / 3GB
Processor: Phenom II x4 970 BE
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 750
Default 10-20-2013, 20:05 | posts: 232 | Location: Brasil

I'm playing Batman Arkham Asylum again (GFWL was removed, plus cards and achievements were added) and SweetFX 1.5.1 is working perfect, BUT if I toggle it off to see a quick comparison, the game crashes and I have to logout. Nothing big, just reporting.

Old
  (#258)
RavenGT

Videocard: FX5600 256mb
Processor: Athlon XP 2500+ 1.8GHZ
Mainboard:
Memory: 1024mb DDR
Soundcard: SB Live!
PSU:
Default 10-20-2013, 21:13 | posts: 10

CeeJay.dk, just wondering if you knew CS:GO's recent Operation Bravo update broke SweetFX 1.5.1? Will it be getting a fix?

Old
  (#259)
CeeJay.dk
Master Guru

Videocard: Radeon 6870
Processor: Intel Q6600
Mainboard:
Memory: DDR2 4GB
Soundcard: Realtek HD onboard
PSU: Corsair 450VX
Default 10-20-2013, 22:49 | posts: 686 | Location: Denmark

I just ported SweetFX to eFX a short time ago - at least the DX9 part.
I then uploaded it to Crosire.

This means that the next alpha Crosire decides to release at http://crosire.tk should contain some more interesting effects for you to test (play with)

SMAA and FXAA are still missing though as these require a little more work to port and get working right.
And DX10/11 and OpenGL support is also missing - these APIs only have the test shader included (which colors the image in strange colors)

All of the APIs - DX9, DX10, DX11 and OpenGL need testing though and it would help if you reported back which games were working and which weren't.

If they weren't working, then please also a short description the error, the steps you took to reproduce the of error, what you expected and what it actually did.

Here is a template:

Tested version:

Bug:

Steps to reproduce:
1)
2)
3)

Expected :

Result:

Last edited by CeeJay.dk; 10-20-2013 at 23:02.

Old
  (#260)
Crosire
Master Guru

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 10-20-2013, 22:52 | posts: 164

CeeJay just finished work with converting most of the SweetFX shaders to eFX (Only up to the HLSL profile fx_3_0, i.e. DirectX 9 currently). The full alpha bundle can be found here. Happy testing!

Edit: I'm just way to slow ....
Edit2: And while we are there, if you experience crashes, it would be a great help to compress the minidump ("[game].dmp") created and send me copy of it, so I can identify bugs more easily (the file contains error related information and is created by eFX automaticly if an exception occurs).

Last edited by Crosire; 10-22-2013 at 21:08.

Old
  (#261)
CeeJay.dk
Master Guru

Mainboard:
Default 10-20-2013, 22:56 | posts: 686 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Edit: I'm just to slow ....
Yup

Old
  (#262)
CeeJay.dk
Master Guru

Mainboard:
Default 10-20-2013, 23:13 | posts: 686 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenGT View Post
CeeJay.dk, just wondering if you knew CS:GO's recent Operation Bravo update broke SweetFX 1.5.1? Will it be getting a fix?
No I didn't.

I did know that Valves recent updates to the source engine meant that many source engine games changed paths so you had to install SweetFX in a new path.
Have you tried that?

Also .. what does the log.log file say?

Old
  (#263)
CeeJay.dk
Master Guru

Mainboard:
Default 10-20-2013, 23:15 | posts: 686 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow7 View Post
I'm playing Batman Arkham Asylum again (GFWL was removed, plus cards and achievements were added) and SweetFX 1.5.1 is working perfect, BUT if I toggle it off to see a quick comparison, the game crashes and I have to logout. Nothing big, just reporting.
I unfortunately can't test this - I don't have the Steam version of this game.

Old
  (#264)
CeeJay.dk
Master Guru

Mainboard:
Default 10-20-2013, 23:27 | posts: 686 | Location: Denmark

Quote:
So that kinda makes software dithering useless I guess. What is the difference between dithering and debanding?
Dithering takes an image with more shades or colors and makes an image that looks like it has just as many colors, even though it doesn't.

Debanding removes the color bands that have already occurred in a image - usually by blurring the color bands and then it dithers the resulting gradient.

Blurring is easy (but currently slow - the multiple passes in eFX will fix that), but the problem is figuring out a good algoritms for what to blur and what not to blur.

Last edited by CeeJay.dk; 10-20-2013 at 23:31.

Old
  (#265)
bwana

Videocard: 780GTX
Processor: 4930k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: seasonic 1000
Default 10-21-2013, 00:13 | posts: 9

Tnx for making this. I am a longtime user of FXAA injector for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and this works well. I tried the standard sweetfx configurator v 1.33 because it seems easier and it worked well. Then I tried the 1.5.1 update CJ posted. When I click 'list changes from default I get an error dialog
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application...........
The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Details gives this:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.sweetConfig.diffConfig(sw eetConfig otherConfig)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.showDiff.displayChanges()
at WindowsFormsApplication1.showDiff.showDiff_Load(Ob ject sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SweetFX_config
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Games/SweetFX%20Configurator/SweetFX_config.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
INIFileParser
Assembly Version: 1.7.1.0
Win32 Version: 1.7.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Games/SweetFX%20Configurator/INIFileParser.DLL
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dont really know how to use 1.33 let alone 1.5.1 or what the differences are. I want to take a few baby steps but the number of checkboxes and settings are intimidating.

Any suggestions?
Can I break any thing by having GRAW added to both versions of sweetfx configurator?

Old
  (#266)
zenkmander
Master Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte Radeon 7950
Processor: i5 3570K
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Memory: 8gb Geil DDR3 1600
Soundcard:
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
Default 10-21-2013, 00:15 | posts: 710

Tested version: SweetFX 1.5.1 w/ eFX 2.0 alpha

Bug: No effect in FFXIV

Steps to reproduce:
1) Install files to FFXIV game folder (using eFX32.dll and renaming to d3d9.dll)
2) Launch game, load in

Result: Just tested the eFX bundle with FFXIV and it doesn't seem to be working. I'm using d3d9, not sure if I should be using dxgi etc. The game loads up fine and I see the initial eFX splash screen, but once I'm in game nothing happens. Scroll Lock and Pause don't do anything and I see no difference vs vanilla.

Edit: I tried setting general_force_hooks=true in the config as the readme suggests, but same result. Here's my log.

Code:
2013-10-20 16:23:40 | INFO | GENERAL | Initializing Crosires "eFX" Version 2.0.0.0 ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "d3d9" hooks from file "C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll" ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "kernel32" hooks from handle "75610000" ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "d3d10" hooks from file "d3d10.dll" ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "d3d10_1" hooks from file "d3d10_1.dll" ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "d3d11" hooks from file "d3d11.dll" ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "dinput8" hooks from file "dinput8.dll" ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "dxgi" hooks from file "dxgi.dll" ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | ERROR | HOOK | The Procedure Entry Point "CreateDXGIFactory2" could not be located in "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dxgi.dll"
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "opengl32" hooks from file "opengl32.dll" ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "xinput1_3" hooks from file "xinput1_3.dll" ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "Direct3DCreate9"
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "Direct3DCreate9"
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "IDirect3D9->CreateDevice"
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | WARN | PROXY | Low resolution. Skipping ...
2013-10-20 16:23:43 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "IDirect3DDevice9->CreateAdditionalSwapChain"
2013-10-20 16:23:44 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "CreateDXGIFactory1"
2013-10-20 16:23:44 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "D3D11CreateDevice"
2013-10-20 16:23:44 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain"
2013-10-20 16:23:44 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain"
2013-10-20 16:23:45 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "DirectInput8Create"
2013-10-20 16:23:45 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "IDirectInput8A->CreateDevice"
2013-10-20 16:23:45 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "IDirectInput8A->CreateDevice"

Last edited by zenkmander; 10-21-2013 at 00:24.

Old
  (#267)
RavenGT

Videocard: FX5600 256mb
Processor: Athlon XP 2500+ 1.8GHZ
Mainboard:
Memory: 1024mb DDR
Soundcard: SB Live!
PSU:
Default 10-21-2013, 06:13 | posts: 10

Quote:
No I didn't.

I did know that Valves recent updates to the source engine meant that many source engine games changed paths so you had to install SweetFX in a new path.
Have you tried that?

Also .. what does the log.log file say?
For some reason a log.log file is not created / not written anything. I tried putting it in CSGO/bin. Putting it in root of CSGO/ runs but doesn't do anything.

Old
  (#268)
K-putt
Master Guru

Default 10-21-2013, 06:59 | posts: 472 | Location: Germany

In source engine games i just put everything into the root and bin dir.

edit: Yep, still works.

Last edited by K-putt; 10-21-2013 at 07:33.

Old
  (#269)
Awen

Videocard: Radeon HD7970
Processor: Intel i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Antec 950w
Default 10-21-2013, 07:28 | posts: 1

So... I signed up at Guru3D specifically to ask this question:

I *love* SweetFX. Love it. I use it with, quite literally, every single game I own that can actually use it.

There's just one thing I'd love to see, and I don't know if it's possible, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but... is SweetFX capable of doing a "darker nights" adjustment, like ENBSeries is?

I play Lord of the Rings Online, and would LOVE to have darker nights (and a darker Moria). If it's possible, it would be a great inclusion (or at least, for ME ).

I've used ENB+SweetFX with LOTRO before, but using ENB forces me to use DX9, which is hardly ideal and removes a lot of the better graphical features from the game.

So does anyone know? Can it be done?

Old
  (#270)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati

Videocard: Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
Processor: 2600k HT@4 .5 + NZXT X61
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Seasonic 750 Watt
Default 10-21-2013, 07:34 | posts: 26,454 | Location: Netherlands

Tested version: SweetFX 1.5.1 w/ eFX 2.0 alpha on Windows 7 X64 SP1

Game: Rayman Legends (steam)

Bugs:
SweetFX is not running.
I set #define show_sharpen 1 which usually gives a white screen making it easy to see if its enabled at all. it was exactly the same as vanilla.

EFX logo is showing at the game start and FPS counter is also showing but there is corruption in lower part of the screen (see screenshot below).
when i press scroll lock the corruption goes away like the menu is deactivated.

Click to show spoiler

Logfile of eFX32.dll renamed to d3d9.dll (also tried dinput8.dll but it was the same)
 Click to show spoiler

Game: Dead Space 1 (origin)

Bugs:
SweetFX is not running.
I set #define show_sharpen 1 which usually gives a white screen making it easy to see if its enabled at all. it was exactly the same as vanilla.

EFX logo is showing at the game start but as soon as i get to the main menu its disabled. FPS not showing either.

When changing the resoluion in the game options from 1024x768 to 1920x1200 the game crashed. (and it made a dumpfile which i uploaded).
https://mega.co.nz/#!N1U3AJwI!LE7gk1...6su4Tv00zIFJak
its almost a 400mb dump file, is this ok ??

Ive tried setting the resolution without efx then booting the game , but while the resolution has changed efx still wasnt working nor was the fps counter showing.

logfile
 Click to show spoiler

Old
  (#271)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati

Default 10-21-2013, 07:50 | posts: 26,454 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenGT View Post
For some reason a log.log file is not created / not written anything. I tried putting it in CSGO/bin. Putting it in root of CSGO/ runs but doesn't do anything.
set AA to none
put d3d9.dll and injector.ini in Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin\
put all other files in Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\
 Click to show spoiler

Old
  (#272)
K-putt
Master Guru

Default 10-21-2013, 08:34 | posts: 472 | Location: Germany

You don't have to turn off Anti Aliasing. At least i don't have to. Just disable any ingame overlays. Fraps, Afterburner etc.

Last edited by K-putt; 10-21-2013 at 08:40.

Old
  (#273)
Crosire
Master Guru

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 10-21-2013, 09:01 | posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkmander View Post
Tested version: SweetFX 1.5.1 w/ eFX 2.0 alpha

Bug: No effect in FFXIV
It looks like your game is using DirectX 11 (from looking at the log), so you won't see a working SweetFX anyway yet. I'd be useful to me if you increase the log level to "4" in the config file to get some more information though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
Tested version: SweetFX 1.5.1 w/ eFX 2.0 alpha on Windows 7 X64 SP1

Game: Rayman Legends
Game: Dead Space 1 (origin)

Bugs:
SweetFX is not running.

its almost a 400mb dump file, is this ok ??
A 400mb dump file is normal, it contains a full copy of the game's memory during the crash. But you can usually compress it with 7zip fpr example to around 30mb before uploading. It's also a good idea to send me a link to these via PM only as they "might" contain information that should not go in the wrong hands.
The logs prove that in both games eFX hooks the important stuff correctly and it's just the renderer that makes problems... I'll look into that again. Again, a log with higher log level should be more useful.

Also, it would be nice if you post issues that happen because of eFX on my site, because that list will probably grow a lot currently, as it's just an alpha. It's a SweetFX thread, so I guess all the error reports do not fit in here...

Last edited by Crosire; 10-21-2013 at 09:06.

Old
  (#274)
WhiteLightning
Don Illuminati

Default 10-21-2013, 11:46 | posts: 26,454 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-putt View Post
You don't have to turn off Anti Aliasing. At least i don't have to. Just disable any ingame overlays. Fraps, Afterburner etc.
thats weird , wont work for me if i dont do it. (common source engine problem for me) doesnt matter if i have overlay or not. if i disable aa every overlay works as well.

Last edited by WhiteLightning; 10-21-2013 at 11:50.

Old
  (#275)
ninjafada
Master Guru

Videocard: pny 670
Processor: i5 3570k@4.5
Mainboard: gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Memory: Gskill 8G@2023
Soundcard: rltek + Altec Lansing
PSU: 550W
Default 10-21-2013, 13:26 | posts: 308

Quote:
It looks like your game is using DirectX 11 (from looking at the log), so you won't see a working SweetFX anyway yet. I'd be useful to me if you increase the log level to "4" in the config file to get some more information though.
it's a dx9 game , i'll try your alpha later
you can test it with the benchmark : http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/ins...-Character.zip

Closed Thread