SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AUTh0r1ty

AUTh0r1ty Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 680
    WooooHHHHooo! :banana:

Can't wait. :)

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @beta: Thanks alot for those!

3. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    If you can't use Precision , can you use MSI Afterburner?

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    No. Because it uses the same OSD Server.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    haven't tried it mate. not too bothered about monitoring tl2 anyway ;)

6. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Just tested MSI Afterburner's OSD and it works fine for me. I added the game's main exe and ticked the compatibility checkbox just like any other game. Both steam's overlay and AB's OSD were fine ingame.

Proof (Tested with Afterburner 2.2.2 and using Raster 3D for the OSD)

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    looks like i have to update msia to the latest version.

8. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    UPDATE yes, that would be a good thing..

Cause i dont know why it doesnt work for u guys...AFTERBURNER AND EVGA PRECISION is working..The OSD works, when set up right in all games i tested with sweetFX...and thats about 50 games...

When i get home, imma gonna make some screens, for each effect from SweetFX..

..laters..

9. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Checking that box alone is known to have issues in some games. I can't remember which exactly, but I have two games that crash to desktop when starting up when that check box is enabled. I wouldn't fault that problem to the injector unless you know for sure it is only when the injector is active that this occurs.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I wan't blaming the injector. It's only happening with Guild wars 2 though. Every other game I play with the SMAA injector works fine when I enable that setting in the OSD server.

11. draegunstrife

draegunstrife Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I can't get AA to work for borderlands 2. Everything is on and running, but only SMAA is not working. It looks the same as no AA. Vibrance and Lumasharpen works great though.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I would recommend 4x MSAA + 4x SGSSAA instead. You can stiill use the Vibrance and Lumasharpen, but turn off SMAA.

[​IMG]

13. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    First of all CeeJay.dk THANK YOU. It's a very-very handy tool.
    Second BetA thank you too for your config. It's a good start to tweaking mine (I found sharpen too much in default config).
    It works perfect fine in my only game (World of Tanks) and the results are subtle but noticeable.

14. VAMET

VAMET Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Dear Friends

First of all I would like to say hello to everybody.

I have got one question, I mean are there any problems you may experience when using SweetFX Injector with Steam, like VAC or Account Bans? Is it safe to use?

I would be glad for any help and explanation.

EDIT 1

Is there any chance for GUI like in FXAA Post Process Injection Tool, which will save all settings to file instead of changing file directly?

EDIT 2

Burnout Paradise is not working with SweetFX Injector, it's DirectX 9.0c. I have also tested Dead Space and it's working. What is wrong with Burnout Paradise?

Thank you in advance.
    Best Regards.

Sincerely

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  15. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Gaming companies are very reluctant to come out and say specifically what is and what isn't allowed, but as a general rule : if a mod or tool can be used to give you an unfair advantage over other players then it is not allowed and may result in a ban.

SweetFX and other anti-aliasing mods (InjectFXAA , FXAAtool, InjectSMAA and ENBseries) cannot be used to give you an unfair advantage (cheat), and should therefore not result in a ban.

Valve have not officially OK'ed any anti-aliasing mods, but no one have ever been VAC banned from using an anti-aliasing mod.

I did read that someone had had gotten word from Punkbuster who said that they were not banning people for anti-aliasing mods currently and if they were ever going to change that policy then they would only kick people, and not perma-ban them.
    Previously using tools based on Rivatuners OSD on punkbuster servers, have resulted in a kick. Rivatuner is not a cheating program at all, it's completely harmless, but it was an allowed program and devious cheaters figured out a way to inject their code, not into the game, but into Rivatuner. Because Punkbuster could not tell if someone had hacked Rivatuner in this manner they kicked players (but did not ban them) for it. This vulnerability was since fixed in Rivatuner by the developer.

So far no one have ever been banned by Punkbuster from using an anti-aliasing mod.

So far no one have ever been banned from any game from using an anti-aliasing mod, and they have been around since 2010 I believe.

If you play in a competitive league, then I advice you to ask first before playing with an anti-aliasing mod. Leagues are often much more restrictive about what's allowed and what isn't, but unlike with many gaming companies you should be able to get a definitive straight answer if it's allowed or not.

16. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I'm not developing a GUI but 3 people so far have expressed interest in making one for SweetFX, so it may come some day.

I can't tell you what's not working with the games you mentioned, because you have not been very descriptive.. What specifically is not working and have you tried to see if the solutions to common problems (mentioned in the readme) will work for you?
    Also what does your log files say?

17. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Kudos to CeeJay.dk for this btw, i had a blast on BF3 the other day and nearly jagged my eyeballs out on the side of a building!!!! so crisp!!!

even the menus are more vivid, its like going from SD to HD all over again!!!!

18. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Would this thread not have better exposure in the videocards section?
    I love this tool :)

19. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I considered putting it somewhere in the videocards section, but the subforums there are all divided into different subforums for each make of videocard, and since SweetFX works with all videocards and is primarily a tool for PC gamers I put it here.

20. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    This looks superb will try BF3 later. If I was to record bf3 with Dxtory will this mod so up on the recorded footage? If so i'll link the youtube footage to here and OP can add it to first post if he wants?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.