Help NVIDIA Inspector not displaying info at start up

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by roak, Feb 5, 2016.

1. roak

roak Guest

GPU:
    Radeon
    Hey everyone,

I need some help. I just installed Nvidia inspector and when i tried to launch the .exe, it did launch..however the main screen was simply blank with greyed out boxes and the number 7316 on the title where is Nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.3 is supposed to be..

My main goal was to limit my fps in skyrim but idk what the problem here is.
    i even installed this app on my laptop and got the same issue.

can anyone help me out please??

thank you..

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    If it's true what's written in your sig, you've got a Radeon (AMD) graphics card. Those won't work since Nvidia Inspector changes calues in Nvidia drivers. It doesn't work with AMD drivers as far as I'm aware of it.

Maybe you should give RadeonPro a try? Sorry, not familiar with latest AMD environment.

3. roak

roak Guest

GPU:
    Radeon
    it is true...my graphics card is a PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4gb pcs+

omg im an idiot wow.. thanks for the quick reply.

random question but will simply deleting the nvidia inspector folder be enough to remove it safely from my pc? sorry im pretty ignorant with pcs

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  4. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'd go for the safe route and uninstall it via the windows controll panel, just to make sure.
    NP mate, just give RadeonPro a try. Though I can't help you with it, there's lots of friendly AMD powered gurus around ;)

5. roak

roak Guest

GPU:
    Radeon
    I will, skyrim fps limiter is being a pain to setup as well.

Also I don't know why but NVIDIA inspector is not there in my progams and feaures page. I manually just put it in the receyle bin and trashed it.. did i goof

6. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    If it's not there I'd say it's safe to just erase it. Haven't uninstalled it so far so I wouldn't know ;)

7. roak

roak Guest

GPU:
    Radeon

Done! thanks again and incase anyone with the same issue as me is reading this...
    RadeonPro is great. I first set my fps to 60 but even at that, some things would be goofy at times. so i lowered it to 50 and it seems totally fine. i think i will experiment some more with it.

side note: used radeon pro for less than an hr but i noticed that everytime you launch skyrim after restarting/booting your pc, you have to go back to radeon pro and make sure its on or something to limit the fps. i just launch the .exe and click on the skyrim profile i made for it.

if i figure out anything else, ill edit this post or something for future reference