Attention! New Clan Leader needed!

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by John, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Right, as most of you know Emachine has lost the job as our Clan leader, and therefore we must find a new guru for the job. This time around we're looking to do this a bit different. Anyone interested in the position, will PM me with their "application". These applications will first be discussed internally by the staff. What happens after this is not yet decided, but it's likely that we will pick out the best candidates, then let you guys discuss who's best suited. We'll see about this though. As a result of all this, we will pick the new leader.

You need to consider a few things before you make the plunge and apply for the position. While this is no "full-time job" (duh), you will need to put some time and efford into it. Having contact with other clans will come in handy when it comes to arranging clan battles, but I'm sure you'll figure that out. You need to have a plan and put some frames around it. You should have sufficient leadership skills, and have basic knowledge in server-how-to. If you feel like you meet all these requirements, you can go on to step 2; writing the PM.

What you need to include in the "application" PM:

1) Why do you think YOU should be the new clan leader
    2) Do you have any experience in managing clans from before (not mandatory, but definitely a plus)
    3) What would you do to make the clan better?
    4) Are you prepared to do this over a longer period of time? (We're obviously not interested in people running
    away after 2 weeks)
    5) Anything you feel like adding.

Your general forum behaviour will also be considered. We see everything that goes on, and we'll have a pretty good
    idea who's fitted and who's not.

PM all this to me (John).

I'd really like to see this work out properly, as there seems to be a genuine interest in getting this clan thing up and running again.
    I have some server capacity I might consider utilising for the clan if it's needed ;)

Don't be afraid to apply! And good luck!

- John

2. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oh, and any comments, discussions etc around this thing, can be done in this thread.

3. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i dont think we need caln leader as such , division leader's yes , what you think??

4. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No, I don't agree. I think we need one figure who can manage things around here. I don't want a huge bunch of leaders for every damn game. This thing needs much more sturcture than Emachine ever managed to give it. Sure, you can have others take care of different games, but I want one leader for it all. One leader to arrange and pull strings where it's needed. Emachine just didn't have enough respect or authority to manage anything. I want a person who can get along with people, and who can keep thing thing running without creating new conflicts every damn day.

5. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
  6. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Tidy up what you wrote there, add some more things (see my post) and PM it to me.

7. vikrant_leo

vikrant_leo Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi X800 & Nvidia 7800GTOC
    how about multiple division leaders and 1 clan leader?
    (One ring to rule them all; one ring to find them. One ring to keep them all, and in the darkness bind them!)

the clan leader can organise the clan, handle memberships, handle leadership of divisions and all that administrative set.
    division leaders can handle organising the clan matches for their respective games.(this will reduce the stress of the clan leader as there are so many games -BF2, AA, COD, MoH, CS and now FEAR).

But as it has been asaid before, this is not a democracy; this is just a thought.

And as I said in the previous thread I can voluteer for the clan's website, would like to contribute in any way I can.

8. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    I was starting to wonder if EMachine was going to get the boot seeing as how the pub has turned into a warzone lately. (can't have other members ridicule the Guru3D clan leader after all:D)

What games does Guru3D participate in, and does the position need more of a bureaucrat/managerial leader or combat/fighting leader?

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    @vikrant_leo: Yeah, I have nothing against that idea. However, I think we first should concentrate on finding a leader for the whole thing, then we can start worrying about the rest. Oh, and another thought: I think it's wise to start off with only a few games. Emachine started up so many games, so many divisions, and so many division leaders, that the whole thing was just a huge mess. Let's pick the two-three (?) most popular games, and go from there.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    America's Army, Battlefield 2 and FEAR Combat.

11. vikrant_leo

vikrant_leo Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi X800 & Nvidia 7800GTOC
    most popular should be AA, BF2 and CS. FEAR-Combat is a new game, people have just started trying it out. who know how much following it will have after a while. may be add it in phase 2??

12. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah sure. But this is really up to the upcoming leader to decide. So let's keep this thread for that purpose ;)

Now. Start sending applications people. There's nothing to be afraid of! :p

13. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAX1900XTX 512MB + VF-900
    I didn't even see this thread, hmmm. Wondering If I should apply, the problem is I just made a clan and bought a server for it.

14. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    YGTPM John

15. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Can you nominate people as well? Someone who you think will be good for the job? You could then simply notify them that their peers thought they'd be good for the job..and to fill out the app. if interested.

Just an idea

16. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah sure, absolutely no problem in that. The more qualifed people apply, the better!

17. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    The day after it was released i went to a lan party, and almost all of the ~200 people there had it! Free games spread like wildfire, especially if theyre good!

Look at Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Its got a huge following now.

18. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Exactly why I posted AA, BF2 and FEAR Combat because I know it will take off shortly. But John is right, it is for the new assigned leader to decide, although I would be dissapointed if he didn't choose AA to be one of them.

19. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    John, why dont you take the role , i mean it would make sense for someone with authority on the site to take charge , or do you not play those games

im tempted to apply , but being clan leader is a fairly big job ,
    Emachine made me the f.e.a.r division leader , i will stick to this role , unless the other members fell im not up-to the job , but i will need help

20. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    is there a dedicated guru3d BF2 server? cause since i live in india its kinda hard to makre these 5 oclock clan matches..if so,wats the IP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.