The X-Files Re-Opened

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by chispy, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Now that it's over, (sort of, the ending really wasn't one) my honest opinion is that it was a disappointing waste of time and effort that did nothing better than or even equal to the original show.

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    This current 6 episode run is over. The last episode was introduced as a season ender, not a series conclusion. Have to agree though that the writing did not seem on par with the original offerings. They just need to find their legs again. Still shows promise.

3. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    But, they said that there may not be any more episodes and actually that none were currently planned. I guess it depends on what ratings they got.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

5. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    The early X-files were dark, the latest episodes were simply lighthearted with horror elements, and in the last episode they were digging a very deep hole lol...I wonder how they'll get out of this one then.

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I got the original x-files seasons 1-9 wide-screen 720p and after 20 year's fantastic

7. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Anybody else get the feeling that the new Mulder and Scully are being introduced with a spin-off or new cast series on the cards?

I have enjoyed the new series generally even though the feel is a bit different at times.

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Really? Season 1-4 weren't filmed in widescreen.

I guess 720p might be there if they had original prints like star trek TNG

edit, wow, they were, netflix got their hands on the originals, looks like a vaguely similar situation to buffy except they actually aired (UK were 16:9 but had some weird things in the early seasons before the switch like boom mics and crops)

https://willmckinley.word press.com/2015/04/26/the-widescreen-is-out-there-why-netflix-may-be-covering-up-the-x-files-in-hd/

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    It's more than nostalgic, for me wide-screen 720p blows most new TV shows out of the water, the production is brilliant and the acting/effects stand above the test of time.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Yeah, its for this reason that it didn't really grip me. It was too ladee-da for me.. I don't mind that they wanted it to not be too same-same with the original, but in a way it was just too corny.

I'd surely tune in to watch if they were to work on the overall feel of the show.. acting is not its problem.. its the atmosphere and story(s) that really make the X-Files, for me anyway.

11. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    I think that video was made after the first 3 episodes had been aired and he was talking about the last 3 to come, which we have already seen. I don't think it means any new episodes.

12. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    There's a new 10 episode season underway slated for the end of this year.