Sharp Aquos LC-70LE732U and DLNA Streaming

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Strykerr, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Strykerr

Strykerr Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 1070
    Apologies if this has been asked before, I have googled my heart out all day and cannot for the life of me get this working.

Just got this yesterday and I have been having trouble setting up the media sharing on this TV. For starters, all folders and files have the proper sharing and permissions, and the TV is connected to the network via WiFi. The videos on question are indeed able to be played on the TV(tested via USB).

At first I was using PowerDVD 11 Ultimate, but the problem I was experiencing is while the all media I wanted to share was visible on the PowerDVD library, a good chunk of the media(mainly videos) weren't visible at all when browsing through the TV.

To combat this, I tried using WMP12 and attempting to share via the public folders. Using this method, I was able to see much more of my library on the TV, however, the library on WMP12 was still missing a decent portion of the media. I have then realized that every file that was indeed visible on WMP12, I could see on the TV, thus I began trying to force these files to appear on my library but had little to no success(tried resetting to default, deleting the wmdb files etc).

What am I doing wrong here? As it stands my library on WMP12 is completely empty, even though the proper folders have been selected, but I have no clue why it is that either I use PowerDVD and cannot see files on the TV(but all appear on PowerDVD library) or if I manage to ever get the videos on WMP12 library, not all of them appear on it.

EDIT: I have since then made a new "Media" account to attempt to rebuild the library. The library it built on WMP12 is the same as the one I had on my original windows account. I am not sure what is preventing these files from being added to the library, as they are files capable of being played by WMP12(tested).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011