Nvidia GeForce 320.00 Beta - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    wow max 1.7% increase, great perf. driver! :grin:

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    L2READ :)

It's 2%.
    Averaged across 18 games (and 2 synthetic benchmarks).

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Vs 314.22
    i see 1.5%, 4xaa and 16xaf 1.7%, which translates in 1-2fps max, sometimes only 0.5fps.. Sometimes lags behind - AC3, TR, Hitman.

Not really a perf. driver imo. But go defend it if you like ;)

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Indo-Arabic numerals. Can you read them?

[​IMG]

And wtf do you mean "max."?
    This is the 2nd time already that you're referring to AVERAGE as MAX.
    If you want I can link, same as before mentioned 570 TDR-ing :D

6. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    Good day gurus...

To everyone having freezing problems under NV320.00 drivers with Firefox:

Firefox{
    Disable HARDWARE ACCELERATION (Options>Advanced>General
    {uncheck
    )
    }

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  7. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
    bad artefacts in BF3 multiplayer after a time like 319.* quatro. I'm back too 314.22!!!

8. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    Il mostro!!!!

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Dont be such a wiseguy :p
    [​IMG]

Yes max 1-1.5 fps faster on avg. is nothing, marginal error at best. Expect in Anno and FC3 2-4 fps.

Edit:
    I can link those numerous 460/560 TDRs too if you like (old and new), if its some kind of contest to you, but idc that much so i'll stop now here at this post lol :smile:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    That's how performance increases work - per game, usually new one. Several if we're lucky.
    Very rarely if ever, do you see perf. increase across the board.
    2% is crap, no sh1t. Of course it is. But it's measurable and quite nice. That's why I said "320.00 is a good performance driver"

BTW... there are 17 (6 WHQL) drivers between 301.24 and 314.22, all adding to that 6% perf. increase ;) So much for your 314.22 perf. driver.

Now imagine each one adding 2% like 320.00 WOOF :infinity:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013

11. Biskit65

Biskit65 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1536
    These cured the crash to desktop with World of Tanks.

12. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    LOL. People raged pretty hard at the Nvidia Geforce Forums and they removed the whole feedback thread for the 320's and locked a few angry ones. Things don't look too good at the moment for Nvidia. IMO what pisses people off the most is problems that were reported decades ago and have not been taken care of by nvidia for many driver releases...

13. helder

helder Guest

GPU:
    970 OC, 780 Ghz, 290X Tri
    I don't know if things look great anywhere. ATI's putting everything prior to the HD 5000 series in the "legacy" category isn't such a great thing for those of us who keep old laptops around as Linux boxes.

I hope it's not the case, but I could easily see Nvidia focusing more on their mobile processors and AMD focusing more on their console APUs as time goes on.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    You dont say ;)

314.22 is kinda fine that's it, not the fastest but most rather have a "ok" driver then some fast unstable/buggy crap.

15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    http://forums.geforce.com/default/t...river-please-post-here-/post/3793216/#3793216

For thoes with stuttering issues in BF3 with the new drivers try to go into Nvidia Inspector and remove the BF3 profile. I did not have what I can call stuttering issue just some smal hick ups some times. When I removed it this went away and my GPU usage went up from 92 to 97-98% and then even higher FPS with my Titan card. So it seems like it is the profile

16. bryonhowley

bryonhowley Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Tomb Raider: Ultimate Settings Vsync Off
    MIN: 77
    MAX: 124.5
    AVERAGE: 98

Trine 2 Complete Broke so I had to go back to the 314.22 drivers just to finish Trine 2 that I was in the middle of. Bench Mark of Tomb Raider was done on the 314.22 drivers.

17. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    yosef019 what resolution were you running when you had that gpu usage 97-98% ??

18. GabeA

GabeA Guest

GPU:
    550M@823/1140RAM (GF116)
    Ah, glad I read this thread. Now I know what was causing Flash instability (fixed by upgrading Flash player). I also know what's causing the strange disappearance of letters and text in Firefox (hardware acceleration). Interesting. Also switching FF to work off the Intel HD fixes it (yay Optimus!), so that's fine.

Performance and stability is top-notch in games, though! In my Optimus system, that's all that really matters. I can switch everything else to Intel. Even run some Intel and NVIDIA GPU processing side-by-side, feed CUDA decoded AVC to an NVIDIA OpenCL pre-processor to an Intel GPU-based denoiser and finally into QuickSync, all the same time. Or, I could game on the NVIDIA while running the home server through Intel HD. You really can't beat Optimus...

But I understand that isn't an option to most people. Nor, apparently, are the obscene BIOS tweaks I see perambulating the forums. I have my laptop GPU at something akin to a 100% overclock and game on that while doing heavy CPU tasks -- and Quicksync -- simultaneously, all without overheating the beast.

Yeah, I know, the 320 series may not have left the best taste in some peoples' mouths. But if you just step back and appreciate the power and possibilities NVIDIA has given us (some of us more than others, intentionally or otherwise, I'll admit), the picture is just a little bit rosier. :)

19. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    I copy it from geforce forum i gona try this when i get home from work

20. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Tell us how you guys get on with removing the BF3 profile please. I'm off to work now so I can't try it but I will try tonight after reading your results.
    Btw I'm not using this driver though. This driver is shocking. I'm back to 314.22.