Bit the bullet and upgraded the gpu too!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by dudecat64, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Well, I'm cleaning my pc once or twice every month, and my case's dust filters once a week. The filters are usually dusty, although the rig inside isn't that much. Except my h80i, since it's intake for me without any filters, so I have to clean it. Also, I have a Filtrete Air Purifier, somewhere... Hmm, maybe I should try it sometime.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. mjorgenson

mjorgenson Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW-RX 480
    My first IT job was when it was still legal to smoke in an office......I would have to replace a PSU and inside the comp would be furry....like a carpet of sticky nicotine and dust. And one time I was hired to do a job to fix a PC that was being used as a PBX in a call center at some guys house. This was in 2009 and it was a 386SX that was installed in his garage around 1992 and has only been shut off during power outages etc. There was black widows inside.....I used a bunch of electronic cleaner and then replaced the PSU and it booted to DOS and he was up and running again.

3. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I know what you mean. Back when I had my 5850 (not so long after release) I did a fairly big research on brand after service...

Powercolor and most of the world + warranty with manufacturer = SOL xD

But...

In North America the official distributor for Powercolor was reliably taking responsibility for the cards warranties at least.

I would Hope Powercolor have dramatically picked up their game with regard to warranty responsibility since those days.

4. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Ok got it going good but the temp reading according to gpuz are not good at all. Says its idling at 75c which i find hard to believe.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No that's not good. Maybe check the heat sink screws and make sure they are tight.

6. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Hmm weird must be a glitch cause now its idling at 41c

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Very strange, never seen GPU-z do that kinda glitches, 41c is still high for idle. Im at 33c atm idling...

Post some screens idle/load temps after gameplay session.

8. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    My 285 idles at 39Âșc at 21% fan speed.

9. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    long overdue update. Card is still running fine. Windows 10 64bit is letting me use it to play the forza demo and it plays great. Nothing wrong with the card just i need to get more ram in my pc so it doesn't slow down due running out of virtual memory.