CHALLENGE! No one can figure out this stupid soundcard!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by IhatebeingAcop, Jul 11, 2017.

1. IhatebeingAcop

IhatebeingAcop Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Sounblaster ZXR. I've had problems up the ass for a few years now. Randomly, the card will stop working and I have to plug in to a different audio jack. Things I've tried.

Uninstalled all other soundcards. Asus High Def audio device and that other crap real tek one.

I've also disabled them as well.
    I've uninstalled ALL audio drivers and reinstalled the ZXR driver. It worked for about five mins, then it stopped working. No idea why.

I've pulled the sound card and stuck it back in.

I have restarted my pc. Made changes and restarted.

Blew on it like I am fuc*NG using a old Nintendo game.

My next step is to either 1) try to eat my sound card. I am seriously that frustrated or 2) take a big steaming crap on top of it.

Adam

2. IhatebeingAcop

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    I FIGURED IT OUT! I have no clue what I did. I uninstalled everything. Moved my soundcard from one pci slot back to the dedicated soundcard spot. Now it works. Halleluah. Now, let's see if it works for a total of ten minutes and then goes out again.

3. IhatebeingAcop

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    I plugged the amp in, now it's not working. WTH

4. IhatebeingAcop

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Okay. Apparently I can't use the amplifier, err, that smaller looking card that came with the ZXR. I've disconnected it for now. I've had enough.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I've read few times about this glitch, if it happens again; go to device manager and by SB zxr driver select "uninstall device" and press ok, leave that small mark unchecked. Don't reboot yet.
    *Now in main device manager press F5 refresh and wait until it installs those devices, reboot the system. After that it should be at "optimal" condition again if there was a glitch somewhere..

By my xfi hd there was occasional mute glitch, or audio mode not working and always resetting after reboot. This approach above always fixed it, and extra DanielK registry magic.
    *mute happened few times in w10 and win8.x, that audiomode in win8.1 and early win10 TH1

EDIT
    : it could also be UEFI fast boot issue.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1337761/...aster-z-zx-zxr-series-club/3360#post_23737193

1st try that device manager thing, then disable uefi fast device boot if enabled.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017