Speed Transfer Data in a Little LAN

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by zettajhony, Feb 1, 2017.

1. zettajhony

zettajhony Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti X
    Hello all,

i just build a LAN in my home for about four or five computers (PC Desktop and laptop), the consentrator is from ordinary HUB from TP-Link has five ports.., the connection is good so far, but for transfering speed (MP4 file) is so slow i think.., it's only can reach 11 MB/s maximum, and mostly 2-4 MB/s, i used a belden datawist cable and onboard lancard.., any advice or instructions settings to increase the speed transfer ?

thank you in advance..

2. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Have you tried transferring a large 1gb+ single file? And when copying over the LAN since the files are being copied the HDD in each system can be the bottleneck in the transfer, since smaller files can cause a fluctuation in speeds when written to the HDD, that you might not see when copying larger files.

for example copying from a PC to a laptop I would guess the laptop is using a HDD 5400rpm drive and that can lead to fluctuation in speeds when copying smaller files.

I would try copying a large single file over the network PC to PC and see how it performs.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Every LAN port a Gigabit port?

4. zettajhony

zettajhony Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti X
    I've tried to copy a single file with a capacity of 3.46 GB file to the laptop using this type Gigabit Ethernet LAN (Acer One 14Z1402), the result remains the same at constant speed from 11 to 11.4 MB / s, and also tried copying it to a laptop with the kind of fast Ethernet lan (HP 14-r019tu) the same result with the speed of 8-11 MB / s, but a little strange at HP laptop estimated completion time of 1 minutes faster than the Acer laptop .., if indeed its kind HUB less good ?

5. zettajhony

zettajhony Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti X
    if based on the findings of specifications for the desktop PC is using Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201 LAN chip (10/100/1000), while Acer 14Z1402 is Gigabit Ethernet ((10/100/1000), and HP 14-r019tu is Fast Ethernet (10/100), whether it is a normal transfer speeds like that ?, with a single copying file 1GB+

thank's in advance...