Windows 10 RS3 Build 16215

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea agreed, well LTSB 2016 won't be feature updated until 2019 iirc so quite safe on this SKU, and I don't use apps, cortana onedrive or edge, so best of both worlds

2. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Thanks for the tip WhiskeyOmega, couldn't get this build to install until I read your post about uninstalling Samsung Magician, build 16215 is now up and running. Cheers.

EDIT: Had to roll back, the install worked and all seemed fine but once I rebooted I couldn't get back into windows. I just got Green screens of death, but at least I could get into the troubleshooting option for a roll back.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  3. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Just curious if anyone encountered any similar bugs to me? Because I think my whole install was bugged from the get-go as I started getting lots of werfault errors and eventually the machine stopped booting in an endless failed repair loop. I had installed it on my own created iso and I'm just wondering if it was corrupt from the start. Back on stable build right now, contemplating giving it one more go through WU.

4. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    currently using a cheap usb "Netgear wna 1100"....i get the hole its a beta os and what not but we got spoiled with quite a few builds that had few minor bugs, but nothing major.....this last one changed that lol....And i swear i was trying to load sighed win 10 drivers...as in they work perfect on 1703 so its not like im an idiot. The more i see, the more im tempted to just go LTSB like Extraordinary and be done with all he useless bloatware!

5. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Decided to have another go and so far so good with no green screens after a reboot. I still have Samsung Magician uninstalled but can at least test the build out now.

6. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI

Just had an update today for this build (XBox - Net-) and my XBox One Wireless receiver is now working.

7. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Just an FYI, for anyone who uses Bitdefender and likes to use Edge, they don't play together in this build. With the AV installed Edge will just hang for a while on opening, not producing any tabs, then just crash.

8. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    16226 is up downloading now:)

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    me and some other people getting stuck with windows update keeps saying restart required but then it skips the upgrade on restart...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  10. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    Will let you know how it goes but at the moment it's been stuck at 70% installing for 15 minutes now lol

11. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    yup same issue here

12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
  13. damien

damien Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    I will suggest Long Path Tool program. It solves path too long errors.