Strange problem... ! :( Plz help.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gonzo4alls, Jul 11, 2014.

1. gonzo4alls

gonzo4alls Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB Warfare x3
    Hi everybody.... I buy a rigg past week... and mounted to my case... after mouting the new cpu cooler that bought after...my pc gone crazy as hel... first was to freeze.... i remount everything at least 20 times...until i broke my 5770 :(. now... the problem is that once in maximum 5 minutes i get shutdown... like power off... no bip no nothing and somethimes i get artifact all screen... even in bios.
    My rig. Asus P8Z68-V + i7 3770K + 4GB DDR3 2200Mhz kingmax hercules +power supply Thermaltake SmartSE 630W

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  2. gonzo4alls

gonzo4alls Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB Warfare x3
    Seems that my memory wouldn`t work in dual channel any more ! :|... LOL

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    try and reset the CMOS on your motherboard...

Either do this with the jumpers on the board or pop out the battery wait 1min and reseat the battery.

Your RAM should still work in dual channel mode.

When installing the new hardware did you reinstall windows? it may be an error with hardware when moving hardware around from old to new. Best thing to do when moving to a new motherboard is to do a clean install even if you are moving from and intel platform to another intel platform.

EDIT:

Just looked at your board, it supports 2200MHz memory but only in OC mode... You might want to check you have it set up properly in BIOS or try and lower the speed and if it that helps. Your board might be unstable at those speeds and in OC mode they are guaranteed speeds.

4. gonzo4alls

gonzo4alls Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB Warfare x3
    I do all the reseting things battery off/ jumper off... i let it about 1 hour without battery... i reinstall the windows like 5 times thinking that this is the problem. My frequency in bios work well at 2200mhz... i let it by default at 1333mhz and still shutdown... is just like when i put the ram in dualchannel it steals power and cannot do anything.... even in bios it restarts! Btw ... i reinstall the bios ... still nothing ! Strange ...

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Make sure the board is not shorting to the case / earth

6. gonzo4alls

gonzo4alls Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB Warfare x3
    Belive me... if the board was shorting to the case/earth.... she was shutting down every time... not only in dual channel ! :D

7. gonzo4alls

gonzo4alls Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB Warfare x3
    I`ve looked at it with flashlight every mm for broken transistors and nothing ! :(

8. gonzo4alls

gonzo4alls Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB Warfare x3
    I think my computer is possessed ....:)) It works well with all frequency at ram... 1333>2200mhz... even OC to 4.5ghz proc.... BUT IN SINGLE CHANNEL.... and when i put in dual with lowest freq.... see the pic below
    http://imgur.com/SRQzrY4

9. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified

Edit: NM, MB model is listed in your spec's, typo in your post

You didn't happen to bend any pins on the MB when seating the CPU by chance ?

10. gonzo4alls

gonzo4alls Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB Warfare x3
    Belive me... i examin the socket very very carefull to see if i bend any pin... and no i didn`t ! :( i think the ram is mindf**king !!

11. gonzo4alls

gonzo4alls Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB Warfare x3