Help with custom resolution/sli/surround issue please

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by klepp0906, Jun 23, 2017.

1. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    This is admittedly a copy from over on the geforce forums. I want to get this resolved stat and any help there is hit or miss at best.

Ok heres my issue.

I run surround 3x1 in portrait. Biiiig ole reso of 4680x2560 bezel corrected. I also recently purchased a steam link. Now I can run my games fullscreen and take advantage of SLI and get 60fps on the pc no problem. However over the link thats waaay too much for it to handle as it only puts out 1920x1080 anyways.

I decided to run my games windowed which unfortunately forces me to use only 1 gpu (however this ok due to the dramatically decreased resolution) but when i change to windowed both witcher 3 and nier automata have no option whatsoever to select 1920x1080.

How can i resolve this? I'd like to run at the native reso of the steamlink for obvious reasons. Witcher 3 I was able to force via the cfg file however this is just a bandaid fix until i can find a real solution.

regardless nier automata appears to have no such file to edit the reso for the option(s) which arent available in game (1920x1080 in this case).

I either get wonky resolutions like 2344x1380 or some such, or portraited resolutions like 1080x1920.

If its windowed I cant understand why i cant get it to see/allow/set to 1920x1080.

help?

2. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    still lookin for help. at minimum how to force a chosen reso in neir automata (and the hope that future games i play all have an ini type file lol)

3. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  4. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    i do have far but didnt look close enough apparently. Ill check again within said file.

I dont want to set the reso higher, actually want it lower. I'm only getting resolutions (whether im windowed or fullscreen) that are tied to god knows what aspect ratio my monitors are seen as (3x1 in portrait/surround)

The closest thing to 1920x1080 that i can run that isnt actually under 1080p is 2304x1366. Oddball resolution no doubt tied to the fact im in portrait, the fact im in surround, the fact i use bezel correction, or some combo of the aforementioned.

Either way i'd like to think in windowed mode you can set it to whatever the hell you want as long as its below native. Apparently not.

always something when using sli and/or multi monitors.

Hopefully the FAR thing will bear fruit. Thank you for the reply regardless :) Will let ya know.

5. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    you hit the nail on the head - ty :)

s'damn shame you have to jump through hoops like the aforementioned but i digress. the game we play (no pun intended).

thanks again