New Unreal Tournament UE4 Announcement Coming

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 3, 2014.

1. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    So how do we play with other people?

2. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Just tried this pre-alpha, and I like it already, it brings ut99 memories.

-they could tweak rocket launcher, for now rockets are a little bit too slow :p. Besides that, weapons are already well balanced
    -I like current character models, they look like humans (for now there's no clowns or other crazy character models)
    -levels are unfinished, and theres almost no textures, but lighting is impressive :D, I cant imagine how good full version will look like :).

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    actually there is no hud bobbing, which is unrealistic and outdated, weapon models are gd but the view is outdated, the weapon doesn't move even while the character is moving, it's like it's part of the screen, i know this is pre alpha, but major improvements should be done, i don't see anything which compares to real power of UE4...

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The game is called UNREAL :p

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    None of that stuff you just said is going to happen. UT isn't about being realistic with hub bobbing and weapon bobbing and all that crap. It's about fast space arena shooting goodness. No time to see bobbing when you're blasting people into pieces.

The maps are just shells and the assets are all imported from UT3. I find it really sad how many people are criticizing the graphics and gameplay of something that's in a development stage (not just here but i've seen other comments on other sites).

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    People will always criticize everything all the time.

It really is never ending.. they trash talk on game forums, you tube, facebook, tritter, frigging everywhere. These people may be loud and obnoxious but they are totally ignorable.. they don't know crap all about what they're saying most of the time and it is best just to take them as having no clue.

I actually find it kind of funny.. how stupid do you have to be to criticize a game where pretty much all of it is still placeholders and missing textures.. lol idiots.

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Currently you open the launcher and check to see the available servers if anyone is online. I don't know if you can create your own game atm, I haven't tried or looked into it.

8. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    That's one of the down sides of making every thing public. The game isn't even 5% done yet and people will unload their arsenal of ignorance on it.

However it is friggin amazing to see the developers pushing commits on this work in real time lol. Everyone who pays 20 euro can get their hands on the current project and even work on it, right now!

9. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    I don't see where to check available servers, i start the exe and i am in some small room with guns and boxes around.

There is "connect to IP" option , but i don't have any IP to connect to..

10. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080

For bobbing check the player settings.

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Oh, okay there should have been a launcher.exe in that pack that shows the servers.

You can download it from here

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Every server seems to be running older version?

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
  15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The new maps are ****ing insanely good looking. Like holy **** the lighting is good, couple that with the fact that I'm getting like 150fps @ QHD on a single 980 and it's just insanely impressive.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I just had to post it here, simply amazing.

[​IMG]

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    amazing what?

That looks like something from U3E back in 2012 + tons of post AA so it looks all blurry :p

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Screenshots don't do it justice. You need to play it. It's like seriously insane. It's by far the best looking indoor sci-fi map I've played. And not only because the graphics are incredible but because the performance is amazing too.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The lighting looks spot on ^^^

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That screenshot really doesn't do the game justice. Check out this 60 fps video, it looks quite nice despite youtube's compression