EVGA GTX 670 No signal on monitor, Please read and help an asspiring gamer

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by pizdec, Dec 9, 2012.

1. pizdec

pizdec Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2 GB
    I have this retarded issue that i cannot get through no matter what i do

When i pop my gpu into asus p8b75-m le (pcie 3.0/2.0 x16) slot and power on ze machine , charge is given , fans be spinnin' but no image is supplied to the monitor . I have played with all possible settings in the BIOS via Onboard crap graphics le intel , ofc i updated it to latests firmware blah bla bla . i quadruple checked to make sure that power cords were connected in an orderly manner in the GPU.

Almost gave up but no , i had my Newton and the apple moment where i decided to plug my GPU into the slower pcie 2.0 x4 slot which runs at an embarrassingly slow speed for a mid-high end GPU like 670. And viola ! It worked , i finally got an image to my monitor. Did a few front flips out of happiness , entered windows 7 , did few benchmarks and the smile left my face once again. Very unacceptable performance for a 300$ card.

But no i didn't give up that easy. By that time i was pretty much convinced that my mobo was faulty or at least some part of it. I ran down to a local pc part dealer and bought a shiny new ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M which supports SLI. Plugged out everything from old asus mobo into ASRock mobo , GTX 670 proudly into its throne seat pcie 3.0/2.0 x 16 ofc. When i had everything ready , i just clicked on the power button again. Three seconds later nothing happens. I stare blankly into the screen as my body starts shaking with anger. I start cursing out loud while at the same time unplugging everything again and plugging back in for a double check. NOTHING.

So here i am , totally clueless .All i know is that my card is telling me to **** off with my pcie 3.0/2.0 x 16 slots . I have absolutely no more ideas guys. All hope is on you ! :banana: Help me please ! S.O.S

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    do you have a setting to set your output to 'PEG'?
    if so try that, maybe try searching forum for similar problem cause someone else had same issue not long ago.

3. pizdec

pizdec Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2 GB
    Ill try PEG if i find one like that. I did search the forums but nothing came close with a solution , unless you have a specific thread in mind ? that would help me alot

Edit: Went into BIOS , there is no such thing as PEG , only onboard graphics or pcie graphics , i tried the pcie one but nothing

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  4. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    I had similar but not quite the same problem when I side graded from my Sli 560's to single MSI GTX 670 PE.
    Removed 560's, put 670 in and mobo beeps error codes at me, no display.
    Rest CMOS, leave harddrive unplugged, reseat 670 still no output.
    Put 560's back in and output was fine no errors.

The only difference was I used DVI to HDMI on my 560's, while I used HDMI To HDMI on 670.
    So I put 670 back in and used DVI to HDMI and I got output and no errors.
    Plugged hardrive back in and booted into windows.
    After running tests it all worked fine.
    I then swapped back to HDMI to HDMI connection and booted fine and it's still working fine to this day.
    I haven't pulled the 670 out since...lol

The only thing I could advise if your bios has the option and you can somehow boot into bios, set your bios to use PCIE 2.0 speed on your x16 slot.
    Your card and mobo are PCIE 3.0 and your cpu is pcie 2.0.
    By all rights your mobo should auto set to pcie 2.0
    My gigabyte mobo has the option of Auto/Gen1/Gen2/Gen3 for the PCIE x16 slots.

5. pizdec

pizdec Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2 GB
    Ok so i am testing this card on two motherboards , asus and ASRock , asus has the pcie gen selection option in BIOS and i did play with it , changed to different settings , gen 1 - gen 3 but no results. ASRock doesn't have these settings . Although i did try a slower pcie 2.0 x8 slot on ASRock but the card did not give out any signal as usual

6. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Has this card worked at all in any other PC?

If not you've got your answer, is that 2500K overclocked, if it is set it back to stock settings, maybe you run out of power when you OC that CPU and GPU just cant draw enough power so it doesnt provide picture to the monitor!( this has happened to me in the past so I would definetly advise you to do that)

7. pizdec

pizdec Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2 GB
    As i said , this card worked in a slower pcie x 4 slots. So it did work but not where i want it to work. So i am pretty sure it does work , its just there is some kind of issue that i need to figure out to make it work on pcie x 16 slot.
    My processor is stock clock. I even played with the settings and turned off one core to see if it was a power issue . but no . same thing

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I had very similar issues when I got my HD7870. Didn't matter what settings I changed or how I connected to my monitor, I got no signal with the HD7870. However, I could put my GTX560Ti back in and resolve the issue (initially). In my case, it turned out to be a failing monitor as now it doesn't work with any graphics card....

9. pizdec

pizdec Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2 GB
    Thanks for the input. Lucky my monitor is working just fine. However i am begining to think that my GPU is faulty. So imma send that bitch to EVGA the upcoming week

10. Just for repetition purposes, you sure youve got enough power, if so then fine. Youve checked bios etc? Made sure everythings right where it should be and nothings disabled that shouldnt be? Ie: pci speeds. Check the power connects to everything, even then ones that connect to the PSU unit ( if applicable ).

Its strange, if its the card being faulty, weird why its work in lesser speeds slot. You got another monitor or tv to try it on? Also, are your monitor/gpu refresh rates to high or to low? This can also have an effect. See if any settings need adjusting in the monitor aswell as nvidia control centre monitor settings.

Maybe do a run on your ram aswell, thats a possibl. Theres many things mate, girst though id double check bios, make sure its not limiting your pci speeds and watch to c if your gpu shows up in bios.

Check connections on everything (gpu,psu,monitor)

Check monitor refresh rates via monitor controls

Good luck muchutco

11. grn

grn Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670OC 2GD
    I have a similar problem with a GTX 670 GPU. On my second card at the moment - the first was an MSI GTX 670 PE/OC and the current card is a Gigabyte GTX 670 OC card.

Like you, when it arrived I got no video at all. Fortunately I had another card so added this to the system so both GPU cards were there. This time connected monitor to second card, see BIOS, Windows booting and get logged in (if I switched the monitor to the 670 GPU al I got was a blank screen. In Windows looked at Device Manager and both cards were listed, so loaded NVidia driver for GTX 670 and rebooted. Again no video during post or Windows boot but got video when the GPU driver was loaded and everything worked fine from there although still don't get anything until the Windows login screen.

I'm assuming your PSU has sufficient power for the card. One of the tests I ran was to connect the card through the HDMI socket to my TV - worked perfectly. Also tried a 1280x1024 max resolution monitor and that worked perfectly through DVI socket. Have latest BIOS on my mobo and latest VBIOS on the GPU, all to no avail. My next test will be trying an HDMI to DVI adapter.

You could also try contacting EVGA technical support - Gigabyte have been good for me but haven't solved the problem but have shown the GPU and motherboard combination works for them.

Please let me know if you do find a solution.

12. angmar

angmar Guest

update to latest bios i had this same problem with my asus board and 680 until i updated my bios and it magically fixed it....try that

13. pizdec

pizdec Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2 GB

Ha dude , you're in luck . I just figured out the issue. First you need to make sure you install the default VGA drivers of your motherboard. Then restart ! plug yo vga/dvi cable from monitor to card. Start computer , wait till post , then install your cards drivers