9800Pro to FireGL and Maya???????

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by terencemace, May 9, 2004.

1. terencemace

terencemace Member

Hi everyone. I have a questions about my 9800 Pro and Maya 5.

How exactly do I convert my card drivers to be FireGL so my card is compatible with Maya??

**And if I do, can I switch back to Cats4.4, or is it a permanent switch? Can I switch back and forth on the fly?? I play games more than learning Maya, so it's equally important to have the 4.4 ATI drivers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

terencemace

2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

GPU:
    980 Ti MSI Gaming 6G
    Search for freefiregl on this forum..

As for cat 4.4, well it's not a permanent change but you can't change it on the fly. ie you have to do it by installing cats again Also the last supported firegl hacks is for older drivers, which may or may not give nice performance in games.

I'v got a similar need for games and firegls, and what i'v done is got 2 seperate OS installed, XP on one partition which i use for games with the latest cats, and 2k on another for Maya with the firegl hack. This way i get the best of both and Maya runs much more stable also.

3. terencemace

terencemace Member

Thanks Gamma. I'll check it out.

T

4. leif3d

leif3d Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Quadro FX 4500
    sorry to tell you but ati is really crappy with maya...i mean..really crappy...get realdy for a lot of crashes....i personally was runninga radeon 9800 pro@softfiregl x2 and it was a nightmare...even with the catalist drivers it would crash or frezze constantly...hope your case is different...i returned my card...lost 50 bucks and got an Nvidia fx 5900 xt ...and it runs about 15% faster in Maya....with no softquadro installed yet :)

5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

GPU:
    980 Ti MSI Gaming 6G
    Why did you install catalyst drivers for the fireGLX2 ?