Lenovo not pairing with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by RedisT, Aug 2, 2016.

1. RedisT

RedisT Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB DDR5
    Hi guys,

I posess a Lenovo Y700-15ISK (i7-6700 Skylake, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA 960M 4GB DDR5, 512GB SSD) and I need at work two external monitors. One is bind directly via HDMI cable but for the second one I needed the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter to make it work because, as you maybe already know, the new generation from Lenovo comes only with one HDMI port and that's all. Now, the problem is that the adapter is not working. I tried with different laptops with older specs and it worked just fine. Then, I took another lenovo y700-14ISK which didn't have the NVIDIA graphic board and also no SSD, but the same processor. Guess what?! Didn't work. Then, I thought that the new Intel Processor with the new HD Graphics 530 is the problem because I tried also with a brand new MSI with the same processor, and it didn't work. I was kinda happy thinking that at least I know where the problem is, until a friend of mine bought an ASUS ROG which has the same processor, and it worked without any problem to bind with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Now, as you can see, I'm trying to figure it out, where exactly is the problem.

FYI
    I tried, before writing here, everything I could find on the internet regarding this kind of problems and nothing worked for me. I had a Win 8.1 Pro installed, I upgraded to Win10 Pro, I reinstalled Win10 Pro nothing worked. I tried to update all the possible drivers for the graphics card. Really, I cannot understand where's the problem.

Is anyone else having this problem? Please help.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Lenovo products are garbage..... Intel Wireless Display can be enabled or disabled by ODMs as they see fit.