DX12 on fermi

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krzyslaw, May 15, 2016.

1. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Please report back if you're seeing better performance

2. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    wish i have my old 580 to test

3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    tested a few things, disabling async compute on time spy improves performance by 20%~, thinking its likely poor optimization thats the reason for the low performance which is not all that surprising,

performance in dolphin with dx12 using the last build that supports it, yields identical performance to dx11.

This is also not that surprising in since nvidia has greatly improved their dx11 overhead since the last dx12 driver aswell . i get 1.97million draw calls in dx11mt as well 1.94mil dx12 with the 3dmark api overhead test on 384.76, compared to the 1.3million dx11mt and 1.9mil~ dx12 on the 359.54 early dx12 driver. (the old results were on the same build of windows and the updated version of the api test)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    mirh likes this.
  4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    So, can you guys play Forza 6 Apex now?

Does this mean that Nvidia finally delivered (despite being late as f)?

5. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    probably, have had no issues running timespy, the dx12 version of dolphin and the old unreal dx12 techdemo, of which unreal and timespy would crash on the old early dx12 drivers

ill have to give forza a go

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So it's basically useless for the most touted use case of console emulation.

7. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I guess, does not have an overhead benefit anymore as far as i can tell, not that is matters anyway since no emulators use dx12 afaik (dolphin dx12 was removed) everone seems to be jumping on the vulkan and opengl train to make crossplatform easier.

EDIT:
    So far forza 6 apex and civ 6 are no go , both require : Tier 2 Resource Binding
    which fermi doesn`t support.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  8. chemboy

chemboy Guest

GPU:
    evgageforcegtx1080
    I've been meaning to recycle this pc for a couple of years, pulled it out of storage and installed win10. Geforce GT 430, 1.6 ghz dual core and 3 gb DDR2

[​IMG]

mirh likes this.
  9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I will try and get my old GTX 580 up and running again and do some tests. Anything to get away from my AMD frying pan of death for a day or two.

10. dean469

dean469 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480GTR @1385

Really?

From the review on guru3d.

This card ran 42 degrees C in IDLE which is very normal. When the GPU is stressed out 100% for several minutes the card reaches roughly 85 to 87 degrees C. For a GeForce GTX 580 these are rather normal numbers. Also, we measure at a room temperature of 21 degrees Celsius.

11. jimm98y

jimm98y Guest

GPU:
    Quadro 2000M
    Has anyone managed to get this working on Quadro 2000M (ThinkPad W520)? The GPU is supposed to be Fermi, I have the Fall Creators Update and the latest driver that supports Fermi (390.65 - I tried the one for Quardo as well as the one for Gaming). Still the DXDiag shows only WDDM 2.1 and DX11.4 support. I need the WDDM 2.3 to be able to connect Mixed Reality headset to the laptop.

12. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    you could try adding a Dword called DriverModel under the reg key hklm/system/currentControlset/services/nvlddmkm and setting the value to 2300 (hex), see if anything changes.

13. jimm98y

jimm98y Guest

GPU:
    Quadro 2000M
    Thanks, but it did not help. What did help was to disable the Optimus in UEFI and use only the nVidia GPU. I was able to get WDDM 2.3 and DX12 support, but the Mixed Reality Portal still showed only black screen. Unfortunately, Mixed Reality seems not to be compatible at all with Fermi.