Black Screen when exiting Fullscreen games.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by KingDazza, Jun 10, 2017.

1. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Hi,

Since the creators update and also buying a GTX 1080 Ti. Sometimes when exiting a fullscreen game, my tv/monitor displays a black screen for about a minute and thankfully then usually, but not always, resets and displays the desktop correctly. The strange thing is if I set the colour output on NVCP to Ycbcr 420 the issue doesnt happen. Anything other than Ycbcr 420 brings back the issue. So far this issue only happens in fullscreen games.

Any ideas or solutions? Thanks.

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I had something similar at one point with Dark Souls 1, several drivers ago before Creators Update. Haven't had such issue ever since. Have you tried different cables?

3. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Unfortunately yes and different ports too.

4. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    give Nvidia GeForce 382.53 driver a go, this fixed the issue for me atleast.

5. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Already running them :(

6. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    Graphics has been one of the issues with every major update of windows 10 so far. This creators update changes things in regards to HDR and some games that start up in fullscreen for me (like gta 5) might display a black screen/no signal message on my display unless i replug the cable.

They have been promoting borderless fullscreen with UWP applications and support for fullscreen exclusive mode has been something that isnt guaranteed to work with certain win32 applications (which they are trying to push devs to support UWP). Suspect due to the way they are trying to reduce driver overhead.

7. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Thanks for the insightful post. I'll sit back and wait for updates. Tbh on the 4k panel I'm using I'm struggling to see the difference between Ycbcr420 12bit and full RGB at 4k resolution anyway. On my previous 1080P panel it was more noticeable.

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    As a temp solution, put ycbcr and use vibrance / gamma sliders in nvidia control panel.