Download and Discuss Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HerrFornit, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    1st-your system is too old,common LGA 775???
    2nd-you have low Ram frequency and low Ram quantity.
    In 2015(DX11) without 8GB you can do nothing.well maybe you wanna play on that system all games on ultra low settings.
    3rd-Fallout 4 is a buggy mess game,unoptimized,so if dont have a good cpu your fps will suffer hard.
    Dont OC your video card with this game,you need to OC your cpu or change the platform.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    I'd say that in most cases the minimum specification are not enough to actually play the game. I can give 2 examples:

Guild Wars 2:

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/25390756-Minimum-System-Requirements

Tested on Athlon x2 5400B (2,8 Ghz) hd 5670 512 mb, 4gb ram. game was unplayable at 1024x768 with everything set on lowest posible settings (under 20 fps in divinity's reach, deeps below 20 fps in PvP, under 10 fps during events, under 8 fps in WvW zerg vs zerg fight).

Fastest AMD Athlon 64 X2 is Athlon 64 X2 6400 (3,2 ghz). Doubt the 400 mhz diference compared to 5400B can actually change something. Keep in mind that the lowest cpu from the Athlon 64 X2 is not specified, I for example understand that it will run on any of them.

Dota 2: http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/

Tested on the same Athlon x2 5400B (2,8 Ghz) hd 5670 512 MB, 4gb ram, fps drops bellow 20 in 5 vs 5 fights (u understand nothing from that fight), add pl illusions, death prophet ulti and tinker's march of the machines and u might see some under 10 fps.
    Tests were done at 1280x720 with everything unchecked/set to low.

Based on my experience (I just picked some known games) devs don't exaggerate with the minimum specifications, but it might depend on the player, for example playable for me is 50+fps (probably cause i have to use vsync on else the tearing is killing my eyes) maybe for others 20 fps is enough...

If a game ask for 8 GB ram then it's probably a memory hungry game. With half that ram well it will use the hdd/sdd and when it will have to read stuff from there you will see stutter, drops in gpu/cpu usage cause the data doesn't come fast enough to feed them...
    When you try to play a game and the pc you use doesn't meet the minimum req be prepared to face problems.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  3. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    What? Halo? What has Halo to do with anything? Does it make old and crappy systems freakin' awesome?

4. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X
    4GB of DDR2....LOL.

5. Ungeheuer97

Ungeheuer97 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Yep. Same here.

6. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Someone has a star syndrome...

Tell that to Bethesda who makes super demanding games with graphics from your beloved Halo...

7. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
  8. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    This made me LOL more than it really should have done :p

9. MSIMAX

MSIMAX Active Member

GPU:
    3x 290x cfx
    funny 15.11.1 stopped working for me just now, just got home from work and was greeted to this.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

i reinstalled driver same thing i really dont want to disable sig enforcement at every boot up

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    thats pretty weird, they are signed. you shouldnt have that problem.

11. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I can confirm that these drivers do fare better when it comes to Witcher 3, and so far I have not had any stability issues unlike some has reported.

12. pngpnggs

pngpnggs Guest

GPU:
    540M
    anyone has mod for APU e-350 hd 6310 ?
    old link has expired.
    i want both 32 bit and 64 bit to try.