Creative Zen Xtra MP3 player...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by sh33p, Apr 15, 2004.

1. sh33p

sh33p Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D x800pro | 474/491
    i got it and its brilliant realkly good mp3 player sound quality is gr8 aswell but theres just 1 prob...

the intrustions say that the battery life is atleast 10hrs after charge...but once mine is fully charged the mazimum i get is about 5 hrs/6hrs which to me is not right cos i have to keep recharging...does that mean that its faulty?

the battery seems to run down while its switched off aswell...so im not entirely sure if thats normal..

does any1 own this mp3 player or very similar and could enlighten me by telling me that this is normal or whatever?

thx

2. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    ya it has something to do with the type of batteries..

i use a RCA lyra and its suppost to ast 13 hours on a single charge. and it does ONLY! if i dont switch around songs alot, cause its a Harddrive mp3 player, and to keep that little drive spinning and searching and even backlit screens drain the power so i only get maybe 6hours of play..

and if i dont use it for a week or 2 the battery can go from a full charge to barely turn on..

so that i know of its normal, but i might be buying a new battery, maybe from radioshack.. as i've had good luck with radio shack brand batteries before.

you might be interested in it too.

3. sh33p

sh33p Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D x800pro | 474/491
    well thx its gd to no that its normal but its very annoyin that it has to be recharged so often...i think what i might do from now on is remove the battery after the mp3 player has bin used then just replace when im going to use again so that it doesnt drain...unless ofc thats useless or if it resets the mp3s hdd?

:paranoid: