1. squeak

squeak Guest

I'm not really sure where I should post this, but I'm guessing this is where, anyways. I just wanted your guys input on a premo mp3 player, preferably one that's very portable, indiscreet, ( I want to listen to it while at work), and holds a fair amount if not, alot of songs. Thanks.

2. Kill666er

Kill666er Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800OC
    Apple iPod is a good mp3 player:D

3. SuperCaptainJ

SuperCaptainJ Member Guru

GPU:
    Fx 8600
    my 10GB ipod has served me well....

if you have any specific questions about it, just ask

4. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    yeah i'd recommend an i-pod or that philips thingy anytime

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I want an ipod
    too bad I'm cheap. . . .
    they're really really nice

6. BFA

BFA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX470
    those things are big and bulky...

i like my Sony NW-MS9 which is the size of a folded in half air head, even though it doesnt have as much space as i-pod, its small and I like it...had it for like 2-3 years now, its beat up...tape is holding the battery holder on...ghetto.

7. HaVoC

HaVoC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512mb
    just bought an i(suck)pod and it refuses to work with my computer... it just sits there and says ok to discconect

8. Marine2001

Marine2001 Guest

9. NeoFX

NeoFX Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 1280MB
    ...I hear iPods batteries go out after about 18 months and you have to send it in to get it replaced :p (for a CHARGE of ALOT, lol)

I like my Sony Atrac-3 Plus/MP3 CD player. Bit slow to load up but it plays CD's, MP3s and Atrac 3 files.

Only 79 bucks too!

10. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Guest

Yeah i saw that on the net, some guy had his ipod for 18 months battery died, called apple tech and they said he had to pay $250 to replace it. Id stay away from the pod :p

I had (gave it to my sister) an i-River 150 cd based mp3 player and i really liked it, its a really great player if your on a budget.

11. Elanzer

Elanzer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9700 @ 325/580 (3.6ns hynix..)
    I went from a crappy Varoman 32mb mp3 player to a sony minidisc player, it was alot cheaper than an iPod (less than half price) and it's really decent, the disks are like $2 each and they hold about 160mb. The only problem is that it uses sony's propietary format ATRAC3 sort of like iPod's and their AAC so you have to wait for it to encode each song while it transfers, which is like 5x faster than mp3 encoding but still... along with sony's software being the biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen, it makes the AOL browser look like god so I have to settle for Realone to transfer songs. Even though the music is only 132kbps max it sounds awesome, totally transparent vs my 192kbit mp3s. It has only skipped once for me, and that's when I was trying my hardest to skip it. Nice bass/treble boost options too (apparently there's one that's more expensive with a complete equalizer but I couldn't find it)

Definitely get one of these instead of a 128mb mp3 player if you can't get an iPOD... since you can get more than a 128mb player in a single disk for a couple bucks and they're rewritable, with the ability to add/delete single songs unlike a bulky MP3 diskman w/ CD-RWs. I'd get this even if I could have afforded an ipod now though, after hearing about the battery replacement stories (getting a whole new ipod just to get a new battery...)

12. stealthmaker

stealthmaker Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor ATI 5770 1GB
    i ordered a IRiver 150 ... still didnt get it though.. cant wait! i really want to listen to some good music in my car instead of the boring tapes i got there!!

13. The Creative Nomad Jukebox Zens are good mp3 players. The 30Gb one is cheaper than the 10Gb iPod and has better sound quality and a removable battery. It's not quite as stylish but it's the same size as the iPod and only slightly heavier.

14. Titan

Titan Guest

15. RCA Lyra! I love mine! Sound quality is supprisingly good for with included headphones, LCD display and controls are very easy and nice. The only dislikes I have are the screen isnt backlit, it only holds 1 AAA battery so play time is about 2hrs. Last small thing is that it does not plug directly into the USB port, takes a cable.

128mg onboard plus SD/MMC expansion slot.

I paid $99 for the Lyra and grabbed a 128mg SD card for $19 ( on special). So I have a 256mg MP3 player / flash drive for $120!

16. stealthmaker

stealthmaker Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor ATI 5770 1GB
    I-River iMP-150 = GREAT PRODUCT!

17. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    i'm reaaaly interested in that 60 GB thing from creative,seems very nice to me, then i'll finally have some good storage room besides my xbox and i can dump all my mp3's on there..it's cheaper then the 10gb I pod i believe but it's still quite an expense and i've got the feeling the mp3 players don't have enough capabilitys yet..i think around the 400 euros is quite expensive for a mp3 player/data carrier..at the other hand they are waay cool..hmmm...

18. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Have you thought about a Minidisc player? They can play Mp3s and almost anything else, plus you can have tonnes of different things on different discs which is quite cool. A lot are very cheap, too, like

this one.

19. SaNTaCRuZ77

SaNTaCRuZ77 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 3450 512MB
    Uhh...excuse me, but have you heard the iPod's sound through their high quality earbuds? It's the best I've heard in MP3 players..and even stereo systems..and the 30gb Creative Nomad is even with the price of the 10gb iPod if not MORE.

20. Graek

Graek Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan xp sli Titan x 1
    I have the 20 gig Nomad Jukebox Zen usb2.0 and it more than does what I want.