The best portable music solution.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by RaptorX30, Mar 20, 2004.

1. RaptorX30

RaptorX30 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5770
    Ive owned, CD Players, overpriced MP3-CD Players, MP3 Players, and an Ipod type.. device (harddrive with an mp3 decoder and a screen glued to the front)

What I have discovered, is those are all crap.

These arent too big but it is the best portable music system I have ever owned.

I recently bought a MiniDisc player from SonyStyle.com (Though I do not reccommend buying from their website, it took 10 days to processs)

What a MiniDisc is, is its a mini CD-RW in side of a protective unremovable plastic shell, so you do not have to worry about scratches or anything, you just insert the disc shell and all into the MD player, it operates like a 1.44 floppy disc, though these are significantally smaller (approx 3x3inches). They are very compact, and you dont need a whole seperate CD jacket to carry them.

The MiniDiscs hold 80 minutes max quality of music on them.

MiniDisc players are the same size as mini discs only about 1 inch thick. The screens are a bit hard to read and navigating it isnt too fun, unless you get the ones with the remote control on the wire, I love the remote, you never even have to take the player out of your pocket. It has NEVER skipped, and ive tried.

To copy music on to a MiniDisc, you need to plug in your MD player to your PC and it will burn music on to the minidisc right inside the player, it is equipped with a 32x burner.

MD Players are much smaller than all the other products ive mentioned (aside from Mp3 players, but those suck.)

Oh yeah, the battery is ONE AA battery, and it will last 56 hours.

You can pick these up for about $100 at SonyStyle.com

I would not reccommend buying from sonystyle.com its just a catacomb of false advertising, and extremely slow shipping.

2. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    Minidiscs are nice, but i dislike the fact they are only for one purpose...music only! while i won't be happy untill my cellphone, music, pda,datacarrier and what not are all in the same affordable piece of technology..

3. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    i use a RCA lyra 20gb mp3 player, once updated it plays WMA files. which almost all my music is WMA.. i got like 1000+ songs on it and i have 1.6-2.1gb full.. thats all.

i use to use a creative nomad but i droppped it from my pattio and it broke. and i didnt feel like replacing it.

RCA Lyrca 20gb mp3 player, cost me 200$USD. never leave home without it

4. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Well its not affordable by the Kyocera smartphone 7135 has an mp3 player, is a phone, is a palm, and an sd memory slot. Its sweet, but still too expensive.

5. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    im almost about to buy one of those mp3 players that have those screens so you can watch your video files on..

it would be soo sweet.. but currently i wouldnt need it so im holding off.

6. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    That thing looks awsome, that is the kind of device i'm talking about. These are the things i want a career in:cool:
    @Chouji..those things are so sweet..i wish i coud afford these things..i know i'd have one right now