AMD Ryzen Sleep Mode Bug Found

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by CPC_RedDawn, Mar 9, 2017.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Youtuber user Intermit.Tech found this bug with Ryzen that seems to increase overclock setting all by it self.

He finds out that it isn't really what we expecting :(

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    There seems to be quite a few issues with these cpus and accompanying motherboards. I don't get it.

3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Looks like,like Windows 8,the new Windows 10 do the same: RTC bug.
    If Windows 10 will be patched hope will see better perf.

"For reliable performance measurements with at run-time overclocking, we recommend enabling the High Performance Event Timer (HPET). Alternatively you can opt to use a Windows 7 based operating system."

http://hwbot.org/newsflash/4335_ryz...bias_w88.110_not_allowed_on_select_benchmarks

https://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1071

@ Eclap: If you get that 7770K you'll regret,because Ryzen 1800X is much better in gaming with newly Gtx 1080TI.
    Cheers. :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yup I thought the exact same thing tbh. Anyone already with a 7700K sure keep it and wait to see if Ryzen 5 brings any higher clocks speeds thanks to it being a 6c/12t CPU or even Ryzen 3 4c/8t.

But if your buying a CPU now then getting a Ryzen 7 for future proofing (to a certain extent) is the best option out there. Even if its just the 1700 its a no brainer. When new BIOS/EFI revisions come out, Windows scheduler is patched, things will improve. Not to mention in a year or two when games start to become more multithreaded Ryzen 7 will start to destroy in games.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I thought AMD advised to disable HPET in the BIOS?

Even though there overclocking tool Ryzen Master requires it to be enabled.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah... No.

7. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    :D

Official AMD Ryzen Master Overclocking User’s Guide

"Enabling HPET

Most of the AMD Ryzen Master application functionality is available only when the system timer
    is set to High Precision Event Timer (HPET).
    It is highly recommended that HPET is enabled before using the application.

To enable HPET:
    * Start a command prompt as an administrator
    * Execute the "HPET.bat" available from the installation path of the AMD Ryzen Master
    application
    * If HPET is already enabled, then no action is performed else the HPET.bat file will enable
    HPET
    * Restart the system

Note: If system is not restarted after HPET is enabled, the Application will not behave as expected
    Please also note that updates of Windows may reset and disable HPET. If you find that AMD
    Ryzen Master has been running fine but unexpectedly begins warning you that HPET is not
    enabled, your OS has probably been updated. In that case, please run the above instructions for
    enabling HPET; it is not necessary to re-install AMD Ryzen Master."

https://www.amd.com/system/files/20...AMD-Ryzen-Master-Overclocking-Users-Guide.pdf

Because of Windows 10 RTC you need to enable HPET.

8. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I am looking at the 1700 I would like to get the Msi titanium board x370 chipset what do you guys think? Asus makes a nice one for half the price and is also x370 but the Msi is such a sexy board omg!

I cant wait for our taxes to come-in iam going shopping!