Launching profiles on application launches

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by s3icc0, Jan 6, 2011.

1. s3icc0

s3icc0 New Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 512M 780/1150
    Hi, I'm pretty skilled user of RT but now I have a problem and can't see the way out...
    Here is it:
    I have got 2 different overlocking profiles (Default and Overlocked). Now I'm using hardwware acceleration based thresholds to detect an D3D9 or D3D10 app running and it is getting overclocked or back to default.
    But unfortunatelly when I play video in my Firefox (youtube or so) the Firefox's build in plugin container is detected as hardware accelerated application and I got overlclocked. I have the right response with D3D10 apps, but this seems to be D3D9. And the biggest problem is - it will not go back to default clocks until I quit Firefox - and I never do that!
    Question is: How can I remove the plugin container from launching profiles or how can I define exact apps to launch my overclocked profile and when shut down going back to default.
    Sorry for my english and thanks for your answers or proposals (yeah, i know i should buy a new pc):bang:

2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    You just have to add a profile for <firefox-install-dir>\plugin-container.exe in the RivaTuner Statistics Server. Set the detection to none. Now it will not longer register a D3D9 event, and therefore not trigger the overclock.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=325608

3. s3icc0

s3icc0 New Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 512M 780/1150
    Thanks for help, but as I said ... I never quit firefox, so the plugincontainer.exe is runing still and it is blocking my overlocking profiles (now).

4. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    I don't think you understood what I was saying. This will PREVENT the DXD9 trigger in the first place, so you will never overclock and never have to revert back as it was never changed to begin with.

Here a shot from my computer with FF playing a youtube video. plugin-container.exe does not have a profile by default. So it uses the global detection setting of low.

[​IMG]

By creating a profile and setting the detection to none, you can see the DXD9 is now set to 0.

[​IMG]

If you still have issues and want to try your other question (by specific application instead of global with exceptions), then read this:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=261785