Some good news about RivaTuner v2.23

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Unwinder, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Well, I've finally installed SLI system for the first time in my life :) The hardware is provided by Jacob Freeman @ EVGA for some SLI enhancements, which we're planning to add to future versions of our EVGA Precision tool. This also means that there will be some multi-GPU related enhancements in RivaTuner. I've already added the following:

- Power user oriented possibility to control clocks and fan speeds at driver level independently for each display adapter when SLI is enabled (by default changing settings on SLI master device mirrors them to all devices joined in SLI configuration as before (mirroring can be disabled via Power User settings), SLI slaves can be controlled independently of master by default).
    - Improved overclocking and fan control for multi-GPU systems when SLI mode is disabled. Now RivaTuner also provides driver-level overclocking and fan control for independent display adapters, not connected to Windows desktop (e.g. dedicated PhysX accelerators)

I’m also planning to make some improvements in hardware monitoring module special for multi-GPU systems.

Stay tuned!

2. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thanx, sounds great :)

3. auchkoenig

auchkoenig New Member

Could you also please add the over-voltage feature like the Evga Voltage Tuner if it is not too much to ask? I would highly appreciate that.

4. Unwinder

5. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Without rivatuner i do not overclock my gpu. Also, I set my fan speeds to always 100 percent using rivatuner because of the hot temperature outside. Thanks a lot unwinder for your sincere efforts. Best Regards. Virendra.

6. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    thanks alot, really appreciated your work.

7. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't have SLI anymore (Thanks God!) but nevertheless I appreciate your great work on Rivatuner. Thanks!

8. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    I was waiting for the improved overclocking and fan control for multi-GPU systems when SLI mode is disabled.

Thank you!

I was wondering if you could add a Voltage tuner for Ati cards such as the 2900 XT cards?

9. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Nice Improvements unwinder :thumbup:

10. Unwinder

Early prototype preview of monitoring module GUI improvements for SLI systems:

[​IMG]

Now you may quickly stick a few graphs to the same window and display multiple overlapping graphs (useful for comparing SLI temperatures etc). Clicking magnet button on any graph then pointing any other graph (or group of graphs) sticks it to desired graph or group. Broken magnet button allows you to unstick selected graph from the group with a single mouse click. More GUI related ideas targeted in this direction are welcome.

11. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    This was explained literally one hour ago.

Unwinder, that new gui setup looks great, it should save some screen space.

12. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Sounds great, thanks for the effort.

13. Andy9999

Andy9999 New Member

GPU:
    POV 8800GTX
    Cool

Hi Sidewinder,

I will attempt to evade the F word in the near future!

Take it easy and have a nice weekend.

Andy

14. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Sorry, i dint saw that, my bad.

15. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Bout time. :D Thanks Alex.

BTW, which cards did Jacob send you?

Jacob at EVGA did well by me too by upgrading me from a 7950GX2 to a 8800GTS at no charge. Great company to work with.

Just ordered a EVGA GTX 280 SSC. Good stuff from a decent company.

My plan is to use the 280 as primary card and an 8800GTS for PhysX. If RT could support that arrangement, that would be sweet.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009

16. Unwinder

We were searching for the cheapest solution allowing me to add and debug some SLI related things. I had NF4 SLI mobo with 9600GT installed in one of my home PCs and EVGA provided one more 9600GT.

17. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X

Good deal. It's a win-win.

18. cuttingedge

cuttingedge Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX285
    thats great ally. good work. keep it up.

19. Unwinder

Well, I think I’ve finished working on the most of planned enhancements in hardware monitoring module related to new sticky graphs feature implementation, but I’m still going to polish it a bit and probably add some more useful features related to these enhancements. Currently I’ve added the following:

[​IMG]

- There is <Stick to other graph> button (magnet icon) on any single hardware monitoring graph (e.g. <Hardware monitoring> graph on this screenshot ), allowing you to stick this graph to any other graph(s) with two mouse clicks (clicking the button then the destination graph(s)).
    - There is <Unstick graph from group> (broken magnet icon) on any group of graphs (e.g. on the group of clock related graphs on this screenshot), allowing you to unstick current graph (i.e. graph selected with a tab control, <Core clock> on this screenshot) from the group. You may also hold <Ctrl> when clicking this button to unstick all graphs from a group.
    - Besides manual sticky graphs groups editor you may use the wizard allowing you to quickly generate groups of sticky graphs in automatic mode. The wizard is activated by <Auto stick graphs> button (magnet icon on the main toolbar) and provides you two modes for creating groups of sticky graphs (wizard window is also displayed on the screenshot):
    * <Stick by graph units> – creates groups of sticky graphs by analyzing units of each graph and grouping the graphs with the same units (e.g. the first group contains all graphs displaying values in MHz, one group contains all graphs displaying temperatures, etc). Sticky graph groups on my screenshot were generated using wizard running in this mode.
    * <Stick by graph name on multi-GPU system> – creates groups of sticky graphs by analyzing name of each graph and grouping the graphs with the same names but different GPU indices (e.g. the first group contains GPU0 \ Core clock … GPUx \ Core clock graphs, the second group contains GPU0 \ Core temperature … GPUx \ Core temperature graphs, etc).
    That’s everything that I found tto be necessary for my needs for comfort monitoring of my new SLI system. Anybody see any other functionality, which can be useful but missing in the current sticky graphs implementation? Personally I still doubt if I should display current text values (and tracking marker values) for all or just for focused graph in the group. As you see on the screenshot, currently I left it enabled for focused graph only because doing that for all graphs looked like an unreadable mess for me. Summarizing, suggestions on this new functionality are really welcome. The feature is still in development so it can be polished/changed/improved with your help.

20. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    unwinder,

i think i didn't get it: from looking on the cpux \ cpu usage graph, is ther just one single graph displayed in the window and i can select the graph by selecting the corresponding tab, so in your example i see the green line representing the usage for cpu2!

or, are there four lines drawn in this window, one for each cpu? this might be an interesting idea, but in this case we need the possibility to change the colors for the different graphs. eg green for cpu0, red for cpu1, and so on.

hard to realize in the picture, but it looks like there are different colored lines in the various graphs.

use hw monitoring a lot, also created some plugins to monitor external temperature sensors and also network traffic. this could help to organize my graphs, so looking forward to this new release ...