Corsair Utility Engine Download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Here you can download the Corsair Utility Engine application. You get to use options like configure both the lighting portions of your keyboard and mouse as well as create powerful actions such as do...

Corsair Utility Engine Download

2. Garra

Garra Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Gigabyte
    Thanks, downloading

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    For some reason CUE v1.16 was not showing any update when I've been checking through the software so I downloaded this and installed it manually this morning.

Annoyingly, I seem to have lost my default profile for my K70 RGB keyboard and I cannot see how I set the lights individually as I had with the previous version of the software. I had fixed lighting across the keyboard (white for WASD, red for function keys, blue for alphanumeric keys, yellow for the numeric keypad, etc, etc) with a ripple effect whenever I pressed a key. I cannot see how you set that now and all the effects seemed to have disappeared too. Seems the profiles are incompatible with this build (well done, Corsair!).

That along with the ugly user-interface are why I will be uninstalling this later and reverting back to CUE v1.16 where I can restore my profile backup at least.

Very disappointing. :(

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I like Corsair, I really like their keyboards, I have 2 K70RGB's and I used to have a non RGB K70... but their software is like really lacking.

On my 3/4 monitor setup, when I run CUE - the interface randomly seems to span across either 2, or 3 monitors. Hitting the maximize button makes the entire top half the program vanish and the results are also random, sometimes it stays on my first monitor, other times it still stays spanned across multiple monitors - but every time the top bar vanishes so I can't even drag it to fix it.

Looks like this:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/p...jIgc6AoBVar0FVjni8RMI0j_xXoDtPo=w1920-h925-rw

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/f...p2ejBMTSTXYbXYG-ADKAbR0h6S8WziM=w1920-h925-rw

(Ignore my center channel being misaligned - I moved my entire setup 6" to the left and I took that speaker down)

And I've seen this reported on their forums multiple times, so they must know about it.

If I don't hit maximize and I simply try to drag it onto one monitor half the interface elements are missing because the button scaling gets super wonky and just overlays the needlessly giant buttons on the other needlessly giant buttons. (I think this is a DPI scaling issue, my 4K TV is scaled differently - in fact maybe all these problems related to it opening wonky is related to the DPI issue)

The program doesn't respond to alt arrow keys or double tapping the top bar to maximize/minimize either. There are random icons that don't even have labels when you hover - like the "Start" flag and "Advanced Settings" under the actions category. The Hamburger menu and editing icons are so ambiguous you basically have to hover over every single icon to figure out what clicking on it even does. There are tons of settings that are buried under pages of pages - like importing a new color scheme (manually downloaded) is something 5 clicks, why? Half the Hamburger menu pertains to the currently selected profile, the other half doesn't - all of the latter options can just be placed somewhere in the 500 miles of white space they have that's currently taken up by products I don't own, plus they can have proper labels so I can actually know what I'm clicking the first time.

Their hardware is extremely good, their interface design/software is pretty poor compared to the competition. If there is one place I'd like to see them step it up, it's here.

5. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    ^ I concur. I do like the Strafe I am using a lot.

6. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    Hilbert can you check the version please as on the corsair website the latest version is this 2.19.65 | 10/23/17 that is the current version I have installed for my scimitar pro rgb and k95 platinum rgb.

7. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    If you guys think the Corsair software is lacking, you should see the G.Skill RGB software. It took me about 15 minutes to figure anything out. Literally. I also have a Corsair RGB board and while the software's not as nice as Logitech's Gaming software, and it's a bit unintuitive, it could be far worse. Perhaps Corsair revamped it, but I doubt it.

8. shaga

shaga Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3060 Ti
    I'm having the same version here(2.19.65) for my Scimitar Pro. It's newest offered via "Check Updates".

EDIT: File name seems to indicate this being 2.19.65 as well.

EDIT2: File/page seems to have been replaced with a newer update. "Check Updates" finds it for me as well.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Both links download v2.23.40 instead of the reported v2.24.35. Please fix this.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    2.24.35 is a silent release or how to say, not sure if it's supposed to be a official release or not as it just got uploaded a few days ago silently replacing 2.23.40 with no mention of a changelog (Again.) and on the forums it seems much the other newer CUE2 programs it fixes a few things but breaks a few other things.
    Going to take a while longer before CUE2 is stable I suppose despite the lengthy beta period, feature creep also has seen a couple of features added to it over time in addition to just supporting newer hardware and I think the in-app auto updater is working now.

EDIT: Well it's a official release but it just came from nowhere, would have missed it if I hadn't checked the CUE forums on Corsairs website two days ago. :D

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sometimes I've already edited the content yet the file-mirrors need to sync up (rsync), usually, the binaries are up-to-date within an hour.

12. MRcollins

MRcollins Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    soo does anyone know a way to make this software foce sidetone for headsets? i like the function but it likes to not work a lot.