custom resolutions for CRT 8800GTS

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by 1q3er5, Jun 24, 2007.

1. 1q3er5

1q3er5 New Member

Wow guys I can't seem to figure out how to make custom resolutions and refresh rates stick when I used riva tuner 2.01, I have the newest nvidia driver 158.22

Can't do it in nvidia's driver, when you make your custom resolution and refresh rate it always locks at 60Hz in cs

I want 640 x 480, 32 bit color @ 120 hertz to play cs 1.6 using open gl

Ever since nvidia switched to the new interface the registry fix for refresh rates is GONE.

Can't believe no one else with a CRT is having a problem with low refresh rates!

2. TheGr81

TheGr81 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire Radeon HD 7870 OC
    You can do it in Rivatuner

3. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Is it really necessary to run CS 1.6 at 640X480 on an 8800GTS? I know you're playing competitively, but your internet latencies would have more of an impact than the speed at which your computer is running the game at. You're probably over 300 FPS on those settings. LoL

4. 1q3er5

1q3er5 New Member

umm forget this posting look down further

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007

5. 1q3er5

1q3er5 New Member

is "blend mode" the right mode to use???

I figured how to set my custom resolutions using the "refresh over ride rule editor" but man the still locks up at only 60 hz max

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  6. 1q3er5

1q3er5 New Member

Makes a difference to me man, its the difference between pros and noobs

:smoke:

7. 1q3er5

1q3er5 New Member

AHHHH lol I figured it out. Wicked!! love this program.

My logic was flawed or is it RT's logic? If you use the "refresh over ride rule editor" make sure the refresh rate you want is IN BETWEEN the min and max refresh Hz you set. That was the problem works great now!!

you can't set ur Hz to 120, if your Hz range is 120Hz to 120Hz (which is what it is by default if you use the drop down menu!! I think this could frustrate some other people bad at logic :)

8. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Glad you figured it out. I was going to run through it and see if I could recreate your problem but looks like you're all set.

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Of course you cannot. By creating such rule you tell the refresh overrider to replace any refresh rate withing specified range with 120Hz.
    And replacing 120Hz with 120Hz has no sense. But creating a rule replacin 60Hz-75Hz frequencies with 120Hz sounds more correct.

10. 1q3er5

1q3er5 New Member

Yes master, but I'm sure there are plenty of other dumb asses who probably picked the exact preference from the drop down menu (resolution, color depth and Hz) and did the same thing I did.

The problem was when I used the "max supported Hz" option it mysteriously goes up to 140 Hz when I know my monitor doesnt support it. Then I entered the value 120 manually, which worked when I fixed my logic.

Its a great program just could be simplified to just setting an over ride Hz without having to enter a range for Hz option imho, like the older registry fix for nvidias older drivers thats all :) .