Screen corruption when trying to stream via AMD Gaming Evolved

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by crookedview, Aug 7, 2014.

1. crookedview

crookedview Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I'm using a Sapphire HD 7950 with an Asus VG248QE connected via DisplayPort running @ 144Hz and a Samsung 225BW connected via HDMI.

When I try to stream via Twitch in the AMD Gaming Evolved program OR if I watch hardware-accelerated videos on EITHER monitor, I get screen corruption on my Asus VG248QE monitor. Sometimes it'll get to the point where the computer locks up completely and I have to manually reset. The corruption does not appear on the Samsung monitor.

This used to happen in Firefox with YouTube videos, but after I disabled hardware acceleration in Flash, it hasn't been a problem while browsing.

Here's a video of the corruption in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85QNj0-SHL0

This has persisted across driver installs. I haven't tried a reformat yet, but that might be the next step. Was curious if anyone else had experienced anything like this?

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I guess you are using intel QuickSync for encoding. AMD Gaming Evolved is likely using GPU.

Edit: Have not even realize it was bot message. (semir)

To OP, try to take GPU clock to 1050/1000MHz and vram to 1375MHz. As Compute tasks use parts of GPU more intensively than gaming.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^That's a bot.