PCSX2 Emulation screen record - Will it lagg?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by UltraRik, Apr 5, 2015.

1. UltraRik

UltraRik Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA Geforce Cuda 520M
    Ok hi :D
    So I've been recording my PCSX2 emulations in the past,
    with medium laggs here and there ^^

Tho, I wanted to ask people which hardware specs are
    most crucial for successfully doing this and if I should even
    bother doing this with my current specs (listed left) :D

I use PCSX2 emulator and Fraps recorder.

If you need any additional info, feel free to axe :pc1: ^^

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    PCSX2 has a built in video record. Press F12 while you're playing. You might lag a bit in game depending on the hardware and the game itself, but the video will come out smooth and nice.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    could ask over at pcsx2 forums and get better answer, but if you please read the stickies and rules...

but considering that is mobile i3 the answer is probably not with lots slowdown

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Should you bother? Thats a question that can be and would be better answered by downloading the emulator and trying it.

Its a bit hard to recommend specs as it really depends on the game you're playing. If its not a game that was on a top 10, 20, 50, 100 "Something Something" games of all time list, chances are it hasnt been given much of a priority or test/dev time by any of the contributors. That basically means that it wont matter how good your hardware is, some games just wont run perfect.

Also, try different builds. Some games run great on official and latest releases, some run better on svn builds or the older official releases (0.9.x).

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well it depends on what resolution you are recording at. With your specs you might have trouble due to not enough CPU power and RAM. How are you playing a game that is emulated great according to the compatibility list without recording? If you are playing the game just fine however if you experience lag while recording then you will need more CPU power and RAM. If you want to use a laptop to do this I would recommend getting a laptop with a quadcore i7 XXXXQM is what you are looking for or just get a desktop computer with a quadcore CPU.

6. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Im running it on 3570k @ 4.2Ghz and 7950 with clocks 1160/1550mhz.

60fps constant on 6x native.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    STP of 1500 is recommand for pcsx2 I have 1250 stp on my cpu and most i3 has far less stp

8. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Even if the speed is crap, the built in recorder should work perfectly fine. The PCSX2 forums will recommend the same thing, press F12. The emulator time stretches when it can't hit the required framerate, the video record feature in PCSX2 spits out the video at the proper framerate regardless.

9. UltraRik

UltraRik Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA Geforce Cuda 520M

Thank you I had no clue it could do that :D

You've all been most helpful ^^