The Order: 1866

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 22, 2013.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I am really happy that this game is available, no other game for me comes close to making a fantastic story into a game where you don't just run around and kill people all the time assume a boss battle at the end of a "level" ground breaking like heavy rain beyond 2 souls to see games breaking the commercial make money before product.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I am going to have to agree with you on this. Rise is something 90% QTE button presses. The Order 1886 isn't anything like Rise in that regard. Yes they are unnecessary, and can be skipped, but they are few and far between for it to be a major issue. The Order has solid game mechanics. It plays just like how you would expect a modern day shooter to play.

3. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    I am so happy I rented this game. I found it very boring . It got a little better near the final chapters. If I could have skipped the cut scenes ,I think that the game would have got platinum in under 3hrs.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    so i never interested with this game. even name or the cover attracted me. interesting.

5. Adexus

Adexus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLi
    Only things I think can be compared to Ryse are the QTE's which I don't think there's that many of them in The Order really, the length and the linearity which are really similar, that being said I loved The Order and got the Platinum from it.

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I felt the Order had a much better, more thought out story and idea of where it wants to go as a franchise. The voice acting was also much better. Ryse was a typical crytek game with graphics as the main focus of the game.

7. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    This game deserves love from all camps.

The ps4 is offering visuals you just can't get on PC, period. A true gamer would just buy a Ps4 and play the exclusives, and play PC for everything else. My ps4 connects to a $175 dell 24" ips and looks just like a pc experience.

Nobody is forcing people to buy it at $60, it will drop just like they all do.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Couldn't agree more. I play 3rd party games on PC (aka console ports). I will play the PC versions of the xbox one/windows 10 games they're doing like the new Fable. But ps4 exclusives are too damn good to ignore, and anyone downing the visuals is just blindly biased to PC and the money and time they've put in it.

Infamous Second Son and The Order 1886, graphically cannot be touched by anything out on PC. Yes PC has the power to make even better visuals than these games have, but developers aren't putting any time or effort into doing that. And that's my biggest problem with PC gamers that swear by PC only. Everything they brag about is hypothetical. Yes it "could" do this and that, but realistically, you're playing the same Call of Duty game that's on console with slightly higher res textures and better resolution options.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The same people who brag about that would not touch a game at 30fps, tbh i doubt they would even touch a game at 1080p, nevermind letterboxed 900p.

I'm not even one of the crazy PC elitists, but it's the same situation as a few years ago where people compared Uncharted to PC games, and it just came down to a visual effects v framerate/resolution argument.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    No I am not being biased towards PC at all.

The game is pure and simple, its crap. Nothing in this game shines, at all.

Apart from some nice graphics that were only achieved by adding black bars, including a crappy fov, and adding in tons of cut scenes so the console can load in new areas.

Nothing shines in the gameplay department either, like I said the cover system feels old, the weapons whilst some are inventive can't even be used.

I don't know about you but I come from the days of gaming where we actually played games rather than having these ridiculous assists or basically on rails kind of games.

They just bore me, take Morder for example. Its gotten game of the year at GDC and apart from the nemesis system its a Batman clone with a LOTR skin put on it. The game can be played by mashing 1 button. There is no skill involved. Yet people rave about it, if these are the kind of games being revered nowadays gaming is heading in a very dark direction.

Also, what other exclusives does the PS4 have at the moment... Apart from Infamous nothing on that platform screams "BUY ME NOW" and even then Infamous had frame rate issues around launch and a 30fps patch had to be deployed.

In todays gaming scene you can build a very very fast PC for next to nothing and can actually play games the way you want to play them. You have more choice of control options, graphic options, possible mods, community fixes. You want that console experience you can have that on PC also. Why spend £350 on a low end box that barely has any games for it when you can spend a little more and get a great gaming PC and play those ports with better visuals, better control options, etc. Not to mention PC games are a ton cheaper than on consoles too.

And last but not least. If you want to talk about exclusives, you have the wrong console for that. Nintendo has the best exclusives on any platform right now. The Wii U is a shining beacon of light in the console world. Just look at their lineup, Mario Kart, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Captain Toad, Pikmin, the list goes on and on. They also hit 60fps in most of their games and their art styles are great their graphics are great and most of all their gameplay is second to none.

But yeah, I guess I am just a PC fanboy after all you know cause... Nintendo :banana::banana::stewpid:

11. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    Like RedDawn said you are definitely thinking of the wrong console, I'd have agreed if you said Nintendo has too many great exclusives to ignore but the ones on PS4 are quite frankly mediocre, all graphics no substance.

I also don't think The Order or ISS are that impressive and Crysis 3 is still doing more graphically impressive things IMO. Don't get me wrong there are a number of great looking effects in those games which on the surface look great but console games have too many smoke and mirrors cutbacks which I find really distracting to achieve their visuals.

Fancy post-processing effects don't impress me nor do they fool me into not seeing what is underneath, ZombiU did the same thing and people praised it's graphics take away the post-processing effects and the base assets were terrible.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The PS4 had plenty of exclusive games being released this year. 2015 is going to be an exciting year.

No Mans Sky, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Rachet & Clank, Until Dawn, Street Fighter V, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, The Tomorrow Children, Rime.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Me and me. Bought this game due it's screenshots. Werewolf. Let's see if game is good.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Game is Turkish and audio is stereo. Lame. Sounds aren't Turkish but only written. Let's see if I make system English 5.1 comes. No It didn't . Why game is sht stereo?

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop